This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think Druids are the best class in the game

#1RPGphreakPosted 2/8/2013 8:35:53 AM
Now I'm talking about overall. They aren't the best at anything really, but unless you're in one of the top 500 or so guilds in the world personal skill will become more prevalent than the class you're playing.

Druids have access to two dps specs in Feral and Balance. Therefore they can fill a need that the guild's raid may require be it a melee or a ranged DPS. Druids also can heal. Resto may not be the absolutely best healing tree out there, but it's always been strong if you don't count vanilla content. Finally they can Tank with their Guardian spec. In these 4 specs they have the ability to fill every role a guild may need, as well as evolve their own playstyle in to how they themselves grow as a player/character.

Specs aside druids get some of the best class toys in the game. MotW? Always been a highly sought after buff for the stats increase. They share it with several other classes now but I still see it as the best overall of all the buffs.

Aquatic form is a neat form unique to the druids. It's not the best thing out there, and you rarely will ever need it, however when you do use it it's one of the greatest feelings in the worlds. Even more so if you glyph it. I personally love playing a druid and grabbing the flag in Twin Peaks only to run in to the tunnel and go swimming off faster than anyone can really catch you. You can even swim out past the bridge in the middle for a great headstart given no one is fighting in mid.

Flying? Druids get a flight form as part of their class training, and can buy their epic flying as well. Add in that it's an instant cast which can be used while jumping or falling and you have a remarkable ability. This alone has saved me more times I can count, not to mention flight chicken is a great game to play with other druids (both fly out and drop forms and whoever gets closest to the ground without dying wins). Druids can also skin and gather herbs in their flight forms to save just that much more time.

Only limited to 4 races? Who cares? All four bring something that synchs well with druids in some shape or fashion. Night Elves get bonuses to their stealth and dodge if they go feral and or guardian respectively. Worgen's Dark Flight works with druid's forms and doesn't break them. Running along in cat form to blow dash and dark flight with a pvp 4 piece means you can pass epic mounts in BG's. Or use it all in doors. Tauren have a health bonus which helps guardian, and their fast herb makes getting ninja grabs on herbs that much more fun. Trolls? Master Race. Personal haste, bonus dmg versus beasts, regeneration, and a constant reduction to snares and roots.

So if you're planning on rolling a new class as a main, I'd say you can't go wrong with a druid.
---
Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
#2Right_Chus_1Posted 2/8/2013 8:39:20 AM
While i would agree that druids are the most versitile, versitle doesnt = fun for everyone.

The best class in the game is the one you have the most fun with.

/topic
#3Lightning BoltPosted 2/8/2013 8:39:54 AM
Right_Chus_1 posted...
The best class in the game is level 80 Paladin.

Fixed.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#4RPGphreak(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:46:27 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Right_Chus_1 posted...
The best class in the game is level 80 Paladin.

Fixed.

Two buttons and a hearthstone was all they had.
---
#5angrywalrus13Posted 2/8/2013 8:52:43 AM
Resto may not be the absolutely best healing tree out there,

is there another healing tree

/badjoke
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#6webbc99Posted 2/8/2013 9:00:34 AM
angrywalrus13 posted...

/badjoke

Hahaha, that was brilliant. :D

Resto Druid was perfectly fine in Vanilla also. Would definitely take a Resto Druid over any other healer if we had all buffs covered. More HoTs on the tank, more Battle Res, more Innervate... Good healers.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#7XavierKnight4dPosted 2/8/2013 9:03:45 AM
angrywalrus13 posted...

/badjoke

I laughed = )
---
Undead
Psn: Xavier_magnus
#8RPGphreak(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:03:48 AM
How could I forget those?! Innervate one of the best healer CDs out there, and a Battle Res!
---
#9MasterMichaelPosted 2/8/2013 11:58:28 AM
I love my druid and I have the most played time on it but I like to play the class that can stomp the most.
#10superhoffyPosted 2/8/2013 2:55:57 PM
true facts
but druid character models are quite ugly
honestly I can only play classes that can be blood elves, the only good skin ingame