This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Blizzard delete old accounts?

#1Coop14Posted 2/8/2013 5:35:06 PM(edited)
Yeah this is a really stupid question but have a few others.

I have a old Vanilla account with a level 44 Undead Rogue I want to see if I can get back. Havent touched this account since 2005, and when I made my current account it was back in 2008.

If I can get it back, would it be possible to get this guy ported on my current list of toons? Thanks guys!
---
The WoW boards. We are a dysfunctional family that have the potential of making the greatest sitcom ever written.
#2seasloth21Posted 2/8/2013 5:38:06 PM
i did a similar thing when i reacquired my vanilla mage from an old account, had to pay for the account transfer, but they should be able to take care of you.
#3ElaeusPosted 2/8/2013 5:45:11 PM
1- No they don't delete them.
2- You need to have the same details on both accounts in order to be able to transfer between them. Last name is the most important shared detail, followed by shipping address normally, but in most cases and from experience last name is sufficient.

Do they both have the same last name?
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#4Coop14(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:47:10 PM
1- No they don't delete them.
2- You need to have the same details on both accounts in order to be able to transfer between them. Last name is the most important shared detail, followed by shipping address normally, but in most cases and from experience last name is sufficient.

Do they both have the same last name?

Yeah both of them thankfully have my last names. My only problem is we just recently built a new house due to a growing family. My address is different ;3

That being said I can remember the email address and security questions for the older one.
Welp here goes nothing.
---
The WoW boards. We are a dysfunctional family that have the potential of making the greatest sitcom ever written.
#5ElaeusPosted 2/8/2013 5:48:57 PM
Go for it, and if it didn't work call and explain to them and they will edit the billing address on the old account, but I really think it won't be necessary and that the last name alone is enough.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#6HeroshiX2Posted 2/8/2013 5:51:16 PM
I gave my brother a fully heirloom'd Rogue as a birthday present.

Last name is enough.