This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gilneas was awesome, too bad the rest of Cataclysm was trash

#1ColdOne666Posted 2/9/2013 4:21:39 AM
The landscape, the scenery, the buildings, the atmosphere, the music, it was brilliant.

It made the other zones bland and boring in comparison. And Cataclysm destroyed
all the old zones, especially Plaguelands, Duskwood and Westfall.
---
"Pitiful mortals. Your hope ends here...And your meaningless existence with it!"
I am all men as I am no man and so I am a god
#2QwelzaarKanePosted 2/9/2013 5:04:21 AM
You made this topic on CE.
---
I mangle mice in a maniacal manner
#3ElaeusPosted 2/9/2013 5:09:10 AM
Too bad that's your opinion.

I miss the old zones sometimes, but I personally think that the whole End of the World theme that Cata brought to the zones (or most of them) was awesome. The raiding in Cata was about the best as it could be, t11hc was amazing, t12hc was fun and Rag hc in particular was one of the best fights they introduced to the game in term of difficulty. The storylines of the 80-85 zones were all really well done except for Deepholm which admittedly dragged a bit but was not that bad the first time.

I could go on. Funny how there are those things called opinions.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#4SxmfctPosted 2/9/2013 5:10:28 AM
I never got a Worg out of the starter area

I hated it
---
"We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy controls." - 95_Eclipse
#5redundanciesPosted 2/9/2013 6:19:51 AM
The landscape, the scenery, the buildings, the atmosphere, the music, it was brilliant.

I notice you didn't include any "fun" in your list. I found questing in Gilneas to be rather dull, especially compared to the revamped Troll starting area and the Goblin zones.

And Cataclysm destroyed all the old zones, especially Plaguelands, Duskwood and Westfall.

Destroyed...or made better?
#6Nightbird_XPosted 2/9/2013 6:56:17 AM
TC is trash, trash knows trash,
---
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012
#7Coop14Posted 2/9/2013 7:02:54 AM
Yep I agree

While it improved many zones, Cataclysm overall felt extremely lack luster. However, this is just my opinion, and will probably for the entirety of Warcraft feel lackluster for me.
---
The WoW boards. We are a dysfunctional family that have the potential of making the greatest sitcom ever written.
#8IdTheDemonPosted 2/9/2013 4:02:41 PM
After the Northrend zones, Vashjr is the best zone in Azeroth.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/ceejay/simple
#9CM101PlayPosted 2/9/2013 5:25:48 PM
Vash sucked. Hyjal was only good once until Firelands. Deepholm sucked. Uldum was only good once. Twilight Highlands was nice though.

T11 had some good raids, and T12 was fun too, but Dragon Soul only had one or two good fights.
---
AJ McCannon's mom (in blue) : http://tinyurl.com/bs6heg7
#10ColdOne666(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:39:13 PM
And don't even get me started on Panaria.

A terrible pokemon ripoff and lololol panda monks. Give me a break.
---
"Pitiful mortals. Your hope ends here...And your meaningless existence with it!"
I am all men as I am no man and so I am a god