This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it worth transferring to low pop server to farm rare pets?

#1gymnast_79Posted 2/9/2013 11:52:46 AM
In particular Aotona and loque? I'm in frostmourne and there always hunters around farming too :(
#2angrywalrus13Posted 2/9/2013 11:53:39 AM
No, because CRZ.

Also no anyway.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#3HighOnPhazonPosted 2/9/2013 11:55:08 AM
Anything Hunter related isn't worth doing
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#4angrywalrus13Posted 2/9/2013 11:58:05 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Anything Hunter related is worth doing

I'll agree with that, but it's still not worth spending $25 to server change just to have the same odds as before.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#5DawnshadowPosted 2/9/2013 5:08:08 PM
If you're going to, go to an RP-PvP server. Yes, I'm serious. There are only two of them, and their times zones are far enough away that they can't CRZ. Of course, they do have the slight downside of being PvP servers, but the population is low enough that it shouldn't be as bad as a CRZ-enabled PvP server. (The RP is less of a problem-- use a sane name and don't troll the RPers and you'll be fine.)
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#6echo057Posted 2/9/2013 5:12:01 PM
I'm on area 52 high pop realm and I had zero problems collecting all spirt beats with little camp time I just flew through zones here and there and tamed all of the sbs within a week also found loque two times and killed him for the achiev
---
ATTN : This Is Not GrammarFAQS
#7gymnast_79(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:58:35 PM
So they spawn at the same rate regardless of the server population? If that's the case then it makes sense to transfer to have less competition...

I read somewhere that mining nodes spawn frecuency depends on how many people are mining them at a specific moment. That kinda makes sense, but haven't heard if that's the case of these rare pets...
#8angrywalrus13Posted 2/9/2013 6:25:12 PM
gymnast_79 posted...
So they spawn at the same rate regardless of the server population? If that's the case then it makes sense to transfer to have less competition...

I read somewhere that mining nodes spawn frecuency depends on how many people are mining them at a specific moment. That kinda makes sense, but haven't heard if that's the case of these rare pets...

What we're saying is that, because of Cross-Realm Zones, you're pretty much always going to have other people camping it. Dawn's suggestion is true, but even then I still don't think it's worth it.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#9EvilTygerPosted 2/9/2013 11:20:25 PM
Um, no.

Pets are account bound.

Make a DK on a new Brazillian server.
#10EvilTygerPosted 2/9/2013 11:26:15 PM
bah, too much time in pet battles.

That said, achievements are account bound. If you are looking to kill the beasts for Frostbitten, make a DK and go nuts.

If you are looking for the tame, just be patient.