This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Listening to Cataclysm music again... getting sad... again.

#11Lucius43Posted 2/10/2013 1:27:32 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
I miss Jin'do the Pugbreaker ._.
That was when I joined the game, and it gave me the impression that heroic dungeons were something different from just gear vendors.

god damn it why was that boss so hard for people
#12Ness0123456789Posted 2/10/2013 2:06:02 PM
Corla is gone. Corla will no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry or get angry... what about us... what are we supposed to do? What is this pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My eyes are burning!

I smiled.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#13Dinodude007Posted 2/10/2013 2:16:18 PM
*Casually touches you*
---
Pokemon White FC: Chris -- 2623 2820 3100
#14ElaeusPosted 2/10/2013 2:22:18 PM
Zardar;

Thanks for making me happy.

Yours,
El

(p.s: Vortex Pinnacle music.)
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#15Little Zardar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 3:32:17 PM(edited)
Ubergeneral3 posted...
do challenge modes....

been there, done that. It's just beefed up mobs with a timer, there are no additional mechanics besides Sha of Violence (stacking DoT that gives you a damage buff, big deal) and Whitemane (1.5 MC cast, real hard to interrupt... jk)

GIVE ME THE CORLA MECHANICS
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#16Ashen_VerdictPosted 2/10/2013 3:54:42 PM
I'm pretty casual and even I got the corla mechanics right.
---
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... seven asses.
http://i.imgur.com/vMmyK.jpg
#17angrywalrus13Posted 2/10/2013 4:38:00 PM
I would indeed like 5.0 mechanics back for Heroics, but blegh. Sometimes running them was a total nightmare. Overall I'd like to at least finish dungeons when I'm doing them over and over.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#18reaper329Posted 2/10/2013 4:52:13 PM
Corla was Hell. Not because she was difficult, not at all. But because the concept of doing something aside from banging one's face against the keyboard boggles the mind of half the community. I got the achievement for letting the zealots evolve as a tank because two of my DPS were too derptastic to stand in the damn beams...at all. Ever.

That being said, I don't want Corla back, barring said morons paying my damned repair bills.
---
Emergency. Induction. Port. - Tali
#19Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 2/10/2013 9:22:19 PM
You see, people get all banged up over numbers and color of loot, and can't as much appreciate what the loot means.

The 4.0 and 4.1 heroics were awesome, not because they were simply difficult, but because the difficulty was not from tank and spank quality. Heroics, being sub raid, should test your capacities. So many boss fights in 4.0 and 4.1 had cases where everyone had to pay attention to something, and could still perform well on the charts. Hell, 4.0 started out being huge on CC, but it was so hard for people to get how to use said CC.

These days, we have loot pinata heroics that can generally be face rolled, and LFR isn't meant to be mechanic heavy to begin with. With heroics and scenarios, we have redundancy. Scenarios are fine loot pinata. Heroics should be testing, while not being raid difficult. You do heroics to establish and practice raid readiness. Loot doesn't mean jack if you can't handle mechanics.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#20angrywalrus13Posted 2/10/2013 10:11:55 PM
Kanus_oq_Seruna posted...
You see, people get all banged up over numbers and color of loot, and can't as much appreciate what the loot means.

The 4.0 and 4.1 heroics were awesome, not because they were simply difficult, but because the difficulty was not from tank and spank quality. Heroics, being sub raid, should test your capacities. So many boss fights in 4.0 and 4.1 had cases where everyone had to pay attention to something, and could still perform well on the charts. Hell, 4.0 started out being huge on CC, but it was so hard for people to get how to use said CC.

These days, we have loot pinata heroics that can generally be face rolled, and LFR isn't meant to be mechanic heavy to begin with. With heroics and scenarios, we have redundancy. Scenarios are fine loot pinata. Heroics should be testing, while not being raid difficult. You do heroics to establish and practice raid readiness. Loot doesn't mean jack if you can't handle mechanics.

I really would be okay with 5-man normals were what we have in MoP and could give you gear that let you queue for LFR - as we have now - but with Heroics giving slightly better gear and being 4.0/4.1-esque. Not super organized, but still somewhat difficult with a little reward for people who decide to queue for 'em.
---
Thomx
like tommicks