This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The next expansion needs a new race...

#31MorgasaurusPosted 2/11/2013 9:39:06 AM
Makes absolutely no sense they can join the Alliance in the fist place - given how xenophobic the Alliance is, and past experiences, they'd have been shooting on sight.

The Pandaren from Pandaria are not siding with either faction. Small groups of Pandaren from the Wandering Isle (Pandaren PCs) chose to side with either the Alliance or the Horde after the events of the Wandering Isle quests. Pandaren PCs don't just randomly show up in the Valley of Heroes magically... oh wait. But anyway Pandaren PCs gained the trust of alliance NPCs during the events of the Wandering Isle quests which sort of gives them an "in."
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#32RPGphreakPosted 2/11/2013 3:46:41 PM
Hozen please. ^_^
---
Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
#33SazukeEXPosted 2/11/2013 3:54:48 PM
I want High Elves for the Alliance.
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#34HighOnPhazonPosted 2/11/2013 4:09:46 PM
Blood Elves are the remnants of the High Elves. Honestly...I would love it if Blizzard moved the blood elves over to the Alliance, because nothing screams weeabo quite like a Blood Elf. I hate them and their little twirl jump. Give the Horde Pandas exclusively
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#35Wyrmwarrior5Posted 2/11/2013 4:18:39 PM
Hak posted...
Guess you didn't play Frozen Throne... Orgrimaar was partially built by a Pandaren. The same Pandaren that was beating the snot out of Alliance forces. There's been no other contact between Pandaren and Alliance except "Pandaren Monk beating the crap out of Alliance". Makes absolutely no sense they can join the Alliance in the fist place - given how xenophobic the Alliance is, and past experiences, they'd have been shooting on sight.

Guess you paid no attention to the Pandaren starting zone, because the Pandaren there had absolutely nothing to do with the rebuilding of Orgrimmar.

I also like how you call the Alliance xenophobic when currently the Horde is just like "DA ORCS ARE DA BEST. ORC MASTER RACE. OTHER RACES SUCK. GO ORC."
---
http://breadfish.de/
http://thebest404pageever.com = best website ever.
#36RPGphreakPosted 2/11/2013 4:23:03 PM
Wyrmwarrior5 posted...
Hak posted...
Guess you didn't play Frozen Throne... Orgrimaar was partially built by a Pandaren. The same Pandaren that was beating the snot out of Alliance forces. There's been no other contact between Pandaren and Alliance except "Pandaren Monk beating the crap out of Alliance". Makes absolutely no sense they can join the Alliance in the fist place - given how xenophobic the Alliance is, and past experiences, they'd have been shooting on sight.

Guess you paid no attention to the Pandaren starting zone, because the Pandaren there had absolutely nothing to do with the rebuilding of Orgrimmar.

I also like how you call the Alliance xenophobic when currently the Horde is just like "DA ORCS ARE DA BEST. ORC MASTER RACE. OTHER RACES SUCK. GO ORC."

I was under the impression the pandaren responsible for helping rebuild Orgrimmar was Chen Stormstout. Who was from the Wandering Isle.
---
Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
#37Q_Sensei(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:07:45 PM
Morgasaurus posted...
Makes absolutely no sense they can join the Alliance in the fist place - given how xenophobic the Alliance is, and past experiences, they'd have been shooting on sight.

The Pandaren from Pandaria are not siding with either faction. Small groups of Pandaren from the Wandering Isle (Pandaren PCs) chose to side with either the Alliance or the Horde after the events of the Wandering Isle quests. Pandaren PCs don't just randomly show up in the Valley of Heroes magically... oh wait. But anyway Pandaren PCs gained the trust of alliance NPCs during the events of the Wandering Isle quests which sort of gives them an "in."

Yeah, I played the Pandaran opening quest, twice. Just to see what happens when you join either side.

Neither side makes sense.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#38Nienna_ValarPosted 2/11/2013 8:35:04 PM
I've wanted playable Murlocs since Vanilla. I can only hope...
---
3DS Friend code : 2492-4627-6302
#39EDarienPosted 2/11/2013 8:42:10 PM
Yeah, I actually like the lore of this game. At least parts of it. It's been falling off of late, though. Arthas's redemption was ridiculous, and Garrosh becoming the old Wrynn and Wrynn becoming more tolerant have always bothered me. A guy doesn't just go from being a hot-headed bigot to "Let's let the new panda-men join!" overnight. Garrosh I could see letting them in, but not with respect, only fear and intimidation to abuse their fighting ability. Nothing more.

All that said, Chen did help build Org. Pandas, despite the incorrect mass view of the Alliance being "the good guys" really should have been Horde. Though, they would have fit in much better with Thrall's Horde than Garrosh's. Still, when this expansion is over, we'll see how it goes afterward.

Also, yes, the Alliance is xenophobic. The Elves have always been so in their woods, until they needed help and even then it's begrudgingly. Dwarves are historically the same, only in their mountains rather than a forest. Humans only really tolerate Dwarves and Gnomes, who are very similar, just shorter, than themselves. The Elves are allies, sure, but let's not forget who started this whole "arcane lure to Sargeras" in the first place. That leaves Draenei who are actually pretty good. My only problem with them is their selectivity of Light vs Nature. I could look more into it, I'm sure, but some Paladins and other Shaman seems fishy to me.

Horde on the other hand ... Orcs, when not cursed, were a shamanistic people. Most, if not all, of the Orcs on Azeroth have been tainted or are direct descendants of those who were. Garrosh isn't, but definitely has overcompensation and daddy issues. He also might be cursed, which would be a horrible cop-out, but make sense given his character in Nagrand vs now. So currently Orcs are similar to humans, but historically they haven't always been. The Tauren are the only race who just straight out helped the Orcs, despite their history. They themselves are a peaceful people who were also not exactly accepted by the Alliance. More proof of Alliance xenophobia. Trolls, Darkspear at least, are peaceful. At least under Vol'jin. They're just trying to find their own place in the world, shunned and distrusted by the Alliance. Same for Goblins, whose homeland was destroyed. Though, they are greedy and historically are more neutral, following coin before anything else. Blood Elves are just High Elves who are addicted to arcane magic. So grab a friend from AA or NA and you'll get where they're coming from. They can be proud, etc. but they're a repentant people who the Light has accepted and chosen to help. That's a pretty big advocate for a people, don't you think?

Sylvanas's Forsaken are the only exception to the Horde being the less xenophobic and more trustworthy group that is the Horde. And even that is also more recent. Pre-Cata they were just trying to find their own place, like most of the Horde. Recently resurrected, unsure of what to do, unwilling to join the mind-controlled Scourge, but shunned by humanity, which they used to be, they had no choice but to join the Horde or be on their own, persecuted by humanity and the Alliance. Now, however, they look like they're going down quite a similar path as the Scourge, albeit with free will rather than mind-control. But, again, we'll have to see where this goes after this expansion.
---
Lali-ho!
#40Wyrmwarrior5Posted 2/11/2013 8:52:07 PM
RPGphreak posted...
I was under the impression the pandaren responsible for helping rebuild Orgrimmar was Chen Stormstout. Who was from the Wandering Isle.

And who never returned to the Wandering Isle, and thus none of the people involved in the Pandaren starting zone had anything to do with the rebuilding of Org.
---
http://breadfish.de/
http://thebest404pageever.com = best website ever.