This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously, people liked the endless leveling grind of classic?

#11Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:17:43 AM
ShiningForceX posted...
Seriously, Glock, you like endlessly watching week after week of grinding football games?

Not everyone wants to turn on the tv and instantly watch the Super Bowl every week. For many it is the journey and the development that is a large part of the fun.

I'm watching real football not handegg.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#12BombermanGoldPosted 2/11/2013 11:21:51 AM
ShiningForceX posted...
Seriously, Glock, you like endlessly watching week after week of grinding football games?

Not everyone wants to turn on the tv and instantly watch the Super Bowl every week. For many it is the journey and the development that is a large part of the fun.

Have more respect for the sport, please.

I (and most others) don't go around calling international football (or what others in NA call Soccer) 'sissy-kickers.'
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#13ElaeusPosted 2/11/2013 11:23:54 AM
I enjoy leveling myself, and damn right I enjoyed it in Vanilla as well. It's about the journey, the adventure.

Would I want to go back to Vanilla style? Of course not, but I answered the topic title.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#14Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:30:48 AM
BombermanGold posted...
ShiningForceX posted...

I (and most others) don't go around calling international football (or what others in NA call Soccer) 'sissy-kickers.'

>Ball has the shape off an egg
>Using hands to play
>I'm not allowed to call it hand egg
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#15KenorvPosted 2/11/2013 1:57:49 PM
vahndragonwing posted...
Glockass1 posted...
XtraT posted...
With Joana's leveling guide it took 4 days /played to get my priest to 60.

Without a guide though, when you first start playing. I remember in L2, if you died you would lose hours worth of XP.

And FFXI.

Ah, the days of ragequitting because I'd deleveled.

I hated that s***.

Level down noob. Level down.
#16KrozardPosted 2/11/2013 5:36:18 PM
It was fun the first time. Lots of fun world PvP...

Once I got my second, third...8th...alts though, I just wanted faster leveling. I really did enjoy it the first time though.
---
this space intentionally left blank
#17Coop14Posted 2/11/2013 5:51:05 PM
I enjoy leveling myself, and damn right I enjoyed it in Vanilla as well. It's about the journey, the adventure.

Would I want to go back to Vanilla style? Of course not, but I answered the topic title.

This is the best answer
---
The WoW boards. We are a dysfunctional family that have the potential of making the greatest sitcom ever written.
#18PsoloquoisePosted 2/11/2013 5:59:00 PM
BombermanGold posted...
ShiningForceX posted...

Its called theater-ball, because of the actors
#19LaManoNeraIIPosted 2/11/2013 6:12:46 PM
It wasn't "grinding" because there was nothing to rush to. Leveling was the content. Exploring and meeting new people and *GASP* grouping up for difficult quests (yes WoW used to have some).
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#20markl27Posted 2/12/2013 6:10:43 AM
Yes.

It was the best.

going in the yeti caves and some jerk dwarf hunter kills you, and you kill him, and you write down his name and think "see you tomorrow buddy"......

I understand the "rose colored glasses" stuff that everyone always brings up, but there are things that have been removed and changed in the game that make it unplayable for some of us.....