This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I'm a new-ish player (Six months playing) and finally bought Cataclysm/MoP

#1Shiek120Posted 2/12/2013 1:16:15 AM(edited)
I'm a fairly new player I guess, I know the in's and out's of my class for the most part and can handle myself in DPS (though it seems like DPS is the easiest to run). I have a couple of questions about my new purchases (Which yes, I bought with the sale on Blizzard's website...can't beat 30 bucks for both) keeping in mind that I owned the Battle Chest before hand (Burning Crusades and Wrath of the Lich King)

1. Being that I've owned Crusades and Lich king, what does Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria actually add to my game? Thus far I've noticed that I can now get my flight license to fly in Eastern Kingdoms. I could already play as a Panda before...

2. I'm assuming that I'll get new dungeons? Will I get those at level 80? Currently level 78.

3. Sort of unrelated, but does anyone have a good guide to jewelcrafting? A lot of the ones on YouTube have comments that say they're outdated.

4. Finally, I've never done a raid. Never. I've done dungeons plenty. I know I get raids at level 85. How do raid's work? If I can play dungeons with ease will I be fine with raids? I've told my IRL friends that I play with that when I reach level 85 I'd like to do a few.
---
I'm a Celtic.
#2AnaTheCatPosted 2/12/2013 1:51:43 AM
1. With both expansions you can level up to the current max of 90. You can also skill up your professions to the new max.

2. New dungeons will open up as you level through the Cataclysm zones and Pandaria. They have an item level requirement which is easy to reach if you just do the zones and get the quest rewards.

3. You can use http://www.wow-professions.com/profession-leveling-guides. Just navigate to what you need.

4. There are raids for all of the past level caps: 60, 70, 80, 85 and now 90. You can enter those lower level raids on your own but may be actually difficult to do at your level depending on the mechanics of the bosses. During Cataclysm (level 85), the Looking For Raid tool was introduced and it allowed automated raids much like the Dungeon Finder you're familiar with. However, I do not think many people do the level 85 LFR.

At 90, though... you will be able to do LFR for all of tier 14 as you gear up. The LFR raids are meant to be done by 25 total strangers so not very difficult. An organized guild can do Normal and even Heroic versions of the same LFR bosses. There are two raid sizes, 10 and 25 man for normal and heroic. Most guilds you will find will probably be 10 man guilds but there are 25 man guilds floating around too.