This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If ethereal became playable

#11djgeezerPosted 2/17/2013 7:18:47 AM
You know there's gonna be at least 2 more expacs, right?
#12MindersPosted 2/17/2013 7:25:55 AM
djgeezer posted...
You know there's gonna be at least 2 more expacs, right?

I honestly don't think anything is set in stone yet. They might have plans but it all depends on how long people are willing to pay for the game.

If people keep playing they will keep adding more content, once people stop playing they will leave it for something else.
---
"homer the lord only asks for one hour a week" -Marge
"in that case he should have made the week an hour longer..." -Homer (GF)
#13Abyssmal FiendPosted 2/17/2013 7:30:24 AM
Well, yeah. There are probably going to be six or seven. Blizzard's going to keep on churning them out.

But, as it is, I don't see Blizzard continuing to back WoW to the detriment of other projects. It's simply looking too old. And after the whipping they took over the Diablo 3 debacle, they're going to want to want to go after a project that people can get behind. A prettier, better version of WoW is one of those. I really don't see Blizzard pushing this game, with its engine from 2002 or whenever, as its flagship IP for another decade. I think we're looking at two more big expansions and, from there, expansions that are either much smaller (like "we're adding 3-4 instances and 2 raids") or much more spread out (like a 3 year development cycle).
---
"Erst waegen, dann wagen." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder
#14Slyk90Posted 2/17/2013 9:45:42 AM
^Yes, because the hundreds of millions in profit is no reason for them to continue supporting.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N
#15Slyk90Posted 2/17/2013 10:39:50 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16redundanciesPosted 2/17/2013 4:01:39 PM
Prediction: They will make ethereals playable, and a bunch of folks will come out of the woodwork saying "OMG mummy people? Blizzard is stupid!" You know, sort of like they did with, well, every introduced expansion race.
#17The Steel PhantomPosted 2/17/2013 4:48:33 PM
Etherals won't happen. No females.
---
~ The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ~
#18HakPosted 2/18/2013 9:46:31 AM
Abyssmal Fiend posted...
Well, yeah. There are probably going to be six or seven. Blizzard's going to keep on churning them out.

But, as it is, I don't see Blizzard continuing to back WoW to the detriment of other projects. It's simply looking too old. And after the whipping they took over the Diablo 3 debacle, they're going to want to want to go after a project that people can get behind. A prettier, better version of WoW is one of those. I really don't see Blizzard pushing this game, with its engine from 2002 or whenever, as its flagship IP for another decade. I think we're looking at two more big expansions and, from there, expansions that are either much smaller (like "we're adding 3-4 instances and 2 raids") or much more spread out (like a 3 year development cycle).

WoW is by far the biggest earner for ActiBlizz to the point where they now actively rely on it. Without the revenue it generates, they wouldn't be able to afford their other projects. Fortunately, with Heart of the Swarm finally having a release date set in stone the share prices have jumped, but they were at such a low point a few weeks ago I was half expecting a lot of their investors to start jumping ship and causing market panic.

Even the vaunted "Titan" won't touch WoW in overall figures. WoW is a freak, and to be honest it won't be done again - all the other projects with much bigger IP behind them prove that.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa