This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people actually do this?

#1ouFIJIPosted 2/12/2013 9:19:49 PM
Do people completely level both primary and secondary professions throughout their leveling so that they're maxed out upon dinging 90? I've never done this on a single character, as I typically feel this would totally bog me down and make an otherwise super fast leveling experience take way, way longer. Flip side to this is that it always sucks to do this after the fact because there's quite the grind of things to do upon reaching 90 anyhow. I wish I had the discipline and persistence to slow things down and not totally outlevel my professions almost right off the bat every time I start a new character.
#2thelastmohiganPosted 2/12/2013 9:21:20 PM
It used to be easier during classic and BC when leveling was a whole lot slower.
#3OmfgWtfZergdPosted 2/12/2013 9:44:06 PM
I actually remember leveling Skinning and LW quicker than how fast I was leveling in Vanilla. Now? Not so much.
---
I am better than you.
#4MorgasaurusPosted 2/12/2013 10:32:55 PM
For me it depends on the profession. For example if you "stop and smell the roses" and you get Alchemy to 314 you can make the Alchemist's Flask that you can drink infinitely many times and it gives 32 points in primary stats (at that level) and scales with you as you level.

However gathering professions are best done after you get Artisan Flying for the alt.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#5CornwallacePosted 2/12/2013 10:47:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6TheAncientMonkPosted 2/12/2013 10:52:26 PM
Gold over everything.
And you get more gold the higher level you are.

You don't have your professions maxed at level cap?
Gold takes care of that.

Never slow down for professions.
#7PenguinLord2324Posted 2/12/2013 11:04:37 PM
TheAncientMonk posted...
Gold over everything.

Gold takes care of that.

What about gathering professions such as skinning/herbalism?...
---
Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.
#8B1g_ClownPosted 2/13/2013 12:32:34 AM
Yup. I level most of my professions at least to the point where you can gain the MoP quality enchants on gear. Which is generally 575 or so.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJi5xhAOzQ
#9Abyssmal FiendPosted 2/13/2013 12:36:16 AM
TheAncientMonk posted...
Gold over everything.

Gold takes care of that.

Low-level mats are usually gouged to hell on low-medium pop servers. Which is fantastic if you're leveling your first character there (and don't have heirlooms/a 90 to feed money), but downright terrible if you're anywhere near as frugal as I am.
---
"Erst waegen, dann wagen." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder
#10redundanciesPosted 2/13/2013 6:23:57 AM
I don't have a need for any of the secondaries on alts, but I always level my two primaries as I level. It does halt leveling at times (on my alchemist/herbalist I leveled during Cata, I'd stop questing a few times to pick flowers), but I'd rather "do the work" myself rather than just buy everything on the auction house.