This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I may be a baby nub but I played since 2004 - WOTLK and I can still say

#1nativeboi85Posted 2/13/2013 9:40:00 PM
The Lich King is still the most bad ass ever, I dont mean the expansion I mean the character.

Pokeman out.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/r7pzli.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2akfbye.jpg I am a hot fat guy!
#2ProfessorWongPosted 2/13/2013 9:43:43 PM
I have to agree. Arthas's ascension to the throne was a huge plot point in Warcraft 3, and he had been a lingering presence in Vanilla with the Plaguelands and Naxxramas, so it was exciting to see the final chapter of his story play out.
---
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
#3SlamslatePosted 2/13/2013 10:34:04 PM
Sure in WC3.
In WotLK he was a moron.
---
"I've had my prices super low and it hasn't sold which is why I bumped up the price."-xxnike629xx
#4MorgasaurusPosted 2/13/2013 11:10:30 PM
Sure in WC3.
In WotLK he was a moron.

Not really. His plan was actually working out perfectly until Tirion said "iddqd."
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#5Little ZardarPosted 2/13/2013 11:11:45 PM
For a second there I thought you were going to post your pictures again.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#6Black_Mage_MeeePosted 2/13/2013 11:14:16 PM
Morgasaurus posted...
Sure in WC3.
In WotLK he was a moron.

Not really. His plan was actually working out perfectly until Tirion said "iddqd."

Where's the "Like" button again?
---
~Kweh
#7Abyssmal FiendPosted 2/14/2013 12:01:22 AM
Morgasaurus posted...
Sure in WC3.
In WotLK he was a moron.

His plan... was pretty terrible. He lost Archerus because he was over-confident and, despite that, did pretty much nothing to rectify his mistakes. He didn't employ the traditional Scourge tactics of turning or assassinating vital targets, he didn't try to divide the Horde-Alliance front presented against him in any meaningful way, he did pretty much nothing to contain the Argent Crusade once it gained steam, and he failed spectacularly to prey upon all the drama surrounding the Forsaken. He also squandered who knows how many resources waging war against the Tuskarr.

Seriously, were the Tuskarr really a threat? And, if so, couldn't he have simply waited until he won the war in Northrend and then dealt with them? No, his overriding need to be evil -- or permit hilariously unnecessary evil on the part of the vyrkul, depending on how much control you think he had -- made him come off as a cartoonishly awful supervillain.

Arthas had this penchant for squandering resources in pointless diversionary wars. The invasion of Sholazar (which got him into a battle with a Titan avatar), the pointless genocide of the Tuskarr (which gave the enemy more goons and did nothing to advance his position), and the entirely unnecessary war on the trolls merely sapped his strength. Meanwhile, he allowed strategic fronts to collapse (see: Azjol-Nerub), he ignored huge targets of opportunities (the Forsaken-Alliance conflict in Howling Fjord), and generally just did everything wrong in the hopes that zerging the enemy in Icecrown would win him the war.

Arthas wasn't half the strategist Ner'zhul was. It's no surprise he lost and lost badly.
---
"Erst waegen, dann wagen." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder
#8F6F3Hellcat253Posted 2/14/2013 12:11:52 AM
Idkfa
---
-Summer-
#9MorgasaurusPosted 2/14/2013 1:29:29 AM
Another way of seeing it is that all of Arthas' defeats are the result of some completely random crap out of left field.

Acherus: Darion having the strength of will to free himself and the Ebon Blade.
Wrathgate: Grand Apothecary Putress
Scholazar: Giant robot from Ungoro crater.
Icecrown Citadel: "Light give me the strength to..." you know the rest.

And what you call pointless diversionary wars are attempts to gain ground on various fronts. Sure maybe he spread himself too thin, but why not if you can convert the enemy? Which, actually, he did. E.G. Drakuru.

Ultimately the role of "Azeroth heroes" comes into play. We were the tide turners on most of those fronts. For him ultimately it was a win-win. Defeat your enemies and take over Northrend completely? Clearly a win. Have piles of extremely powerful Azeroth Heroes delivered freely to your front door and convert them all? Also a win. But again... dat Tirion...
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#10IdTheDemonPosted 2/14/2013 5:43:17 AM
Sure in WC3.
In WotLK he was a moron.

This

He's the Wesker of Warcraft. Bad ass and cunning in the beginning (RE1 and RE:CV), cliche and predictable in the end.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/ceejay/simple