This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

this is the man responsible for game balance

#1BIMHBPosted 2/14/2013 7:42:24 AM
http://oi50.tinypic.com/egbedu.jpg

how this man still has a job is beyond me
---
Bush is my homeboy.
#2HakPosted 2/14/2013 7:53:15 AM
Just a bit late with reposting that one. As far as how he still has a job... he's the boss.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#3angrywalrus13Posted 2/14/2013 8:05:07 AM
unsubbed, thanks for info
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#4R_JackalPosted 2/14/2013 8:05:46 AM
He's the boss. He has a team. I'd assume there's a couple of people at LEAST assigned to each class. He doesn't need to be intimately familiar with every ability.

When they run things by him, people probably go "We have this ability, which is similar to these from other classes. It's performing better/worse in general though because of (random reason here), so we think to balance it out by doing (random nerf/buff here.) Seem good?" then in to a what if/how scenario.
#5Lightning BoltPosted 2/14/2013 8:07:01 AM
As far as I've heard, most of his work isn't directly related to the game balance.
It's just what people b**** and moan about to him the most.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#6angrywalrus13Posted 2/14/2013 8:17:45 AM
I'd assume there's a couple of people at LEAST assigned to each class.

Nay. Having people on a certain class tends to make them a bit biased. The whole team works on all classes together, and everyone's aware of what's going on with all of 'em.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#7metroidfreakv4Posted 2/14/2013 8:19:14 AM
Punched a hole into my account, thanks for telling me
---
WotLK ending cinematic: Arthas:Father.....is this over?....
Father:no my son....the raid resets next week.. Who noticed I fixed the Typos? only took 4 years :)
#8BIMHB(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:33:22 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
As far as I've heard, most of his work isn't directly related to the game balance.

What is most of his work or even his job title? I'm curious because he is the most well known employee there.

metroidfreakv4 posted...

The joke was already made four posts above yours. You aren't funny, step up champ.
---
Bush is my homeboy.
#9TyrasibionPosted 2/14/2013 8:36:41 AM
Well, this explains a lot.
---
"Look at these cute birds, they twitter!" -Lewis
"Do they? "I'm on a tree, LOL!"" -Simon
#10R_JackalPosted 2/14/2013 8:51:57 AM
BIMHB posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...

What is most of his work or even his job title? I'm curious because he is the most well known employee there.

metroidfreakv4 posted...

The joke was already made four posts above yours. You aren't funny, step up champ.

He's the "Lead System Designer." From everything I'd heard, he basically oversees certain game-related teams and deals with game engine issues.

Basically, he's the guy that can call in for lazy people to be fired, and makes sure the game doesn't explode.

Of course, I have no genuine idea and this is simply what I'd heard, so I could be horribly wrong.