This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think that the XP required and amount of quests to go from 85-90 is overkill.

#21Gobstoppers12Posted 2/14/2013 6:40:25 PM
It's not that bad. Just make sure you're rested before you go on a questing spree.
---
If I were a woman, I would spend my entire day kissing other women. I don't understand gay men or straight women.-- Jim, The Newsroom
#22EllyPosted 2/15/2013 8:45:30 AM
Abyssmal Fiend posted...
A big part of the problem is not being able to fly. When you hit 80 in Wrath, you could buy an heirloom flying book that would allow your alts to fly, thus drastically reducing the amount of time you physically spent moving between quest objectives. If memory serves, Cata just let you fly right from the get-go (although you did have a dozen quests or so before you could get the seahorse). Pandaria doesn't let you do that. Like BC, it basically forces you to grind through on foot and then get flying. That's the problem. You spend a lot of time on your horse.

As for the actual XP required, it's not bad provided you're doing it with Rested. Otherwise, yeah, it's a hell of a grind.

The tome wasn't exactly in at the start, though. It wasn't until 9 months later when ToC came out that you could get flying for alts.

And besides, Blizzard has expressed desires to not allow flying for alts. They'd probably much rather let you purchase a commendation-like experience boost to cut down leveling time rather than break their questflow with flying.
---
Elhaym van Houten
#23KarateKittyKillPosted 2/15/2013 9:16:24 AM
dj4242 posted...
CM101Play posted...
Ugh, my second highest toon is an 82 Lock and Deepholm sucks. At least every zone in MoP is better than Vashjir and Deepholm.

This. Vashjir has to be the worst zone in the entire game. I'm not leveling any alts right now because of how bad the Cata zones were, not because of how long it takes in Pandaria.

See, I can understand the hate for Deepholm (even though I personally LOVED it), but picking Vash'jr over Hyjal is stupid. The Hyjal quests go fast, they're interesting, and there's little grind/wait time. Overall, I think Hyjal has some of the most memorable experiences for me. I blew through it the first time from 80-83 (I did a couple dungeons as well).

Deepholm has some issues, but the overlying storyline is pretty sweet.

As far as Mists go (I just started) I love the aspect, I just wish I could fly. It made Cata leveling a lot easier.
---
And then the real hero showed up. http://i47.tinypic.com/1z5ovpw.jpg
#24halomonkey1_3_5Posted 2/15/2013 9:23:06 AM
Elly posted...
And besides, Blizzard has expressed desires to not allow flying for alts. They'd probably much rather let you purchase a commendation-like experience boost to cut down leveling time rather than break their questflow with flying.

And blizzard wanting to force alts to walk is absolutely idiotic. There is no worthwhile reason to force alts to stay on the ground. On your first character? Sure, walk, enjoy the story, etc. But on alts, people who want to enjoy the story can still enjoy it, but let those of us who want to hurry up and hit 90 blaze through it. Its not like we dont have enough tedious questing waiting for us at 90.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#25scarecrowsPosted 2/15/2013 9:30:19 AM
This expansion is extremely alt unfriendly. It's going to bite them in the ass. I only log in now to raid on my main. In the past I had MANY alts that I would log into and play on but just can't be bothered in this expansion.
---
Tanks. Insta Q's = Insta QQ's
#26HakPosted 2/15/2013 9:30:53 AM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
Elly posted...

And blizzard wanting to force alts to walk is absolutely idiotic. There is no worthwhile reason to force alts to stay on the ground. On your first character? Sure, walk, enjoy the story, etc. But on alts, people who want to enjoy the story can still enjoy it, but let those of us who want to hurry up and hit 90 blaze through it. Its not like we dont have enough tedious questing waiting for us at 90.

I still think there should be a 10 minute cooldown on flying mounts in most zones (Deepholm being one that would have to be an exception through necessity). It also doesn't make much sense from a character view that they can automatically learn how to fly just because their "big brother" has been through the zones once already. WotLK introduced that mentality, and I didn't agree with it then either.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#27halomonkey1_3_5Posted 2/15/2013 9:50:39 AM
Hak posted...
I still think there should be a 10 minute cooldown on flying mounts in most zones (Deepholm being one that would have to be an exception through necessity). It also doesn't make much sense from a character view that they can automatically learn how to fly just because their "big brother" has been through the zones once already. WotLK introduced that mentality, and I didn't agree with it then either.

Things that are blatantly player-unfriendly shouldn't need a reasonable explanation. I shouldn't need lore justification to be able to fly on alts.

Whats the lore/justification for achievements? cross-realm stuff? LFR? LFD? BG queues? hell, separate realms/servers? Sometimes things exist for the sole purpose of making life easier for the player, and they dont need lore or a "logical" reason to support them.

Now, on PvP servers you have at least the "FLYING KILLED WORLD PVP!" argument, and if there was just no flying(and the zones were designed to be walked through 100% of the time), I'd actually be inclined to agree with you. But with the current state of the game being designed around flying(both in layout and physical size of the zones), its just stupid to force alts to have to walk.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#28EDarienPosted 2/15/2013 10:03:04 AM(edited)
scarecrows posted...
This expansion is extremely alt unfriendly. It's going to bite them in the ass. I only log in now to raid on my main. In the past I had MANY alts that I would log into and play on but just can't be bothered in this expansion.

While I agree with the point that not allowing flying on alts is stupid, I disagree with your point about it biting Blizz on the ass. Whether you play 1 main or 20 alts makes no difference to them. Your $15/mo is the only thing that matters and your 1 main for raiding ensures that you'll pay it, just the same as anyone who levels alts. Probably more-so, actually, as raiding is scheduled and social opposed to alt-leveling which a person might break their subscription time when they get bored of doing.

edit: Punctuation.
---
Lali-ho!
#29PhrenzZephyrPosted 2/15/2013 10:17:35 AM
CM101Play posted...
Ugh, my second highest toon is an 82 Lock and Deepholm sucks. At least every zone in MoP is better than Vashjir and Deepholm.

This. Vashjir has to be the worst zone in the entire game. I'm not leveling any alts right now because of how bad the Cata zones were, not because of how long it takes in Pandaria.

Just go to Hyjal. You'll hit 82-83 there, can skip Deepholm entirely, do a couple quests in Uldum, tack on some dungeons, you'll hit 84 and basically skip Uldum, then you're in Twilight Highlands where you can just head to the Crucible of Carnage, get halfway to 85, do the first bit of TH, and get out of there.
#30scarecrowsPosted 2/15/2013 11:18:22 AM
EDarien posted...
scarecrows posted...

While I agree with the point that not allowing flying on alts is stupid, I disagree with your point about it biting Blizz on the ass. Whether you play 1 main or 20 alts makes no difference to them. Your $15/mo is the only thing that matters and your 1 main for raiding ensures that you'll pay it, just the same as anyone who levels alts. Probably more-so, actually, as raiding is scheduled and social opposed to alt-leveling which a person might break their subscription time when they get bored of doing.

edit: Punctuation.

Not true at all. Engagement is extremely important to them. If I'm only logging in to raid on my main then logging out all week I'll start thinking why am I bothering to pay for this? Most people quit the game when they're bored, alts delay that from happening.
---
Tanks. Insta Q's = Insta QQ's