This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think that the XP required and amount of quests to go from 85-90 is overkill.

#31EDarienPosted 2/15/2013 2:56:26 PM
scarecrows posted...
EDarien posted...
scarecrows posted...
This expansion is extremely alt unfriendly. It's going to bite them in the ass. I only log in now to raid on my main. In the past I had MANY alts that I would log into and play on but just can't be bothered in this expansion.

While I agree with the point that not allowing flying on alts is stupid, I disagree with your point about it biting Blizz on the ass. Whether you play 1 main or 20 alts makes no difference to them. Your $15/mo is the only thing that matters and your 1 main for raiding ensures that you'll pay it, just the same as anyone who levels alts. Probably more-so, actually, as raiding is scheduled and social opposed to alt-leveling which a person might break their subscription time when they get bored of doing.

edit: Punctuation.

Not true at all. Engagement is extremely important to them. If I'm only logging in to raid on my main then logging out all week I'll start thinking why am I bothering to pay for this? Most people quit the game when they're bored, alts delay that from happening.

I think we both agree that engagement, that is dedication to stay subscribed, is what's important to them. We simply disagree on what is is that keeps people subscribed. I think it's a commitment to a raiding party/other people. I don't want to put words in your mouth, but if I understand your point correctly, it's that making and leveling alts keeps people paying longer.
---
Lali-ho!
#32xDallasPosted 2/15/2013 5:50:23 PM
Yeah, leveling 85-90 sucks but don't tell these nerds that. They haven't even cleared heroic raids, but will cry casual if you don't like leveling 10 different characters to 90 like they do. LOL
---
Heavy was the head that wore the crown...- Lord Ith
#33dementedlullabyPosted 2/15/2013 7:07:15 PM
bladst posted...
How dare they want you to see an entire zone!

I've seen the zone already.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#34ShiningForceXPosted 2/16/2013 1:40:31 AM
Questing through all the zones with even minimal LFD added will easily get you to 90 before all quests are seen. How is this overkill?
---
If you have to use force...use Shining Force!