This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

#1Egxamer1Posted 2/14/2013 10:25:54 AM
So i was playing this morning just fine, then at 10am my comp did some automatic updates, closed out wow and did a restart. No big deal i thought. Once my laptop was done i came back and relogged but couldnt make it passed the log in loading screen...

Had to do a hard restart by actually unplugging and pulling the battery. This time paying better attention to any unusual messages. The only thing i noticed was i got a very brief message about SOS:messaging has stopped. Dont even know what that is. Still i can't log in WoW.

Could use a little help, wish i could say i know more about computers but honestly i dont.

thanks in advance
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#2Coop14Posted 2/14/2013 10:32:56 AM
What kind of router are you using bud?

Is it a linksys and if not how many years?

Are you familiar with port forwarding? And what are your security settings do you have up?

I may not be a genius when it comes to playing WoW but computers is something I know a ton about especially fixing them
---
The WoW boards. We are a dysfunctional family that have the potential of making the greatest sitcom ever written.
#3Egxamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:45:34 AM
wireless, linksys at least 6 years old i believe. my settings and stuff have been unchanged hell my buddy installed it for me before i came back from country so my wife could have internet when we first moved in. I havent had a problem yet and it only rarely goes down and only for a moment if that.
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#4Coop14Posted 2/14/2013 10:48:46 AM
Egxamer1 posted...
wireless, linksys at least 6 years old i believe. my settings and stuff have been unchanged hell my buddy installed it for me before i came back from country so my wife could have internet when we first moved in. I havent had a problem yet and it only rarely goes down and only for a moment if that.

Eh I really hate to be the one to tell you this but scrap it.

Linksys routers while great at first have a habit of falling apart and they start to have troubles allowing stuff to go in and out. For a year I couldn't figure out why I couldn't watch youtube video, or download things .

After a ton of research linksys routers have a habit of crapping out and literally becoming aggressive dictators to your free web viewing. If I were to reccomend a router, get a netgear. They're ridiculously fast, affordable, and terrific if you have a ton of oncoming wireless devices.
---
The WoW boards. We are a dysfunctional family that have the potential of making the greatest sitcom ever written.
#5Egxamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:55:21 AM
will do then. Happen to have a comp wiz friend of mine coming in this weekend for the holiday, see if he cant help me pick a good one.
---
#6Egxamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:16:37 AM
is there a reason why my wireless would suddenly change with a computer update and cause me to not be able to log into wow? If so what can i do to fix things or perhaps restart to get it working until i can get a new router
---
#7Coop14Posted 2/14/2013 11:30:11 AM
Egxamer1 posted...
is there a reason why my wireless would suddenly change with a computer update and cause me to not be able to log into wow? If so what can i do to fix things or perhaps restart to get it working until i can get a new router

This is what I did, however the fix may only work for a month or so

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54G/World_of_Warcraft_Downloader.htm
---