This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shaman and Warlocks should have a 4th spec too?

#11ElaeusPosted 2/15/2013 7:05:44 AM
Don't care to be honest.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#12EDarienPosted 2/15/2013 7:22:01 AM(edited)
I completely and unabashedly agree; I've made the argument myself on the official forums at various points. The bottom line is that, whether we like it or not, GC is a closed-minded fool who has 0 intention of making this a reality.

On the other hand, the same was said of transmog, something I pointed out in my argument after GC came to the thread and tried to kill the idea, but that's still made it to in-game. Regardless, it's been argued to death and there's no logical reason to not implement it. However, humans tend to be silly, sentimental things and "don't change my Warcraft!" is about the only argument you ever get, albeit in poorly-veiled forms.

I commend you for trying to keep the idea alive, but some of us are tired of keeping this argument up for, literally, years. I wish you, and others, luck, though. It could only make the game a better, more fun and diverse place. Also, any addition of tank classes can -only- serve to speed up dungeon queues at best and keep them the same at worst.
---
Lali-ho!
#13SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 2/15/2013 7:37:16 AM
Well, if they really wanted to add more Tanks, it would be easy.

Shamans were almost-tanks before and still have some damage reduction and threat generating abilities. Expand those, add more tank cool-downs and done.

Dark Apotheosis allows Warlocks to semi-tank (at least normal mobs and maybe normal dungeons with help). Same thing: grab the idea and expand on it.

BM Hunters could easily be turned into a tank spec, and a completely unique one at that with the Pet doing the tanking and the Hunter themselves doing DPS and pet management.

We have Plate and Leather tanks, why not at least 1 Mail or Cloth tank?
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#14piplupzeroPosted 2/15/2013 8:14:35 AM
KTG2 posted...
Didn't read. Guild Wars 2 destroyed the "trinity" dungeon structure, which was a cool idea but was executed poorly.

What they did do right is make it so every class can fill every role. There's no reason WoW can't do this.

Why not battlepriests? Dodge-tanking, twitch gameplay rogues? Hunters that heal with herbs or something (like rangers?) Warriors could be awesome support if they had a little AoE healing through DPS sort of mechanic. This would totally eliminate dungeon queue problems and give everybody a chance to do something truly unique.

Of course, they would have to completely retool the ****fest that is Warcraft PVP so something innovative and useful could never actually happen : /

To sum up: Yes shamans and warlocks should be able to tank. Everybody should.

because dodge tanking exists...Its called the monk class. They are very avoidance based.
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#15halomonkey1_3_5Posted 2/15/2013 8:19:39 AM
as a Shaman main, I'd love a earth-based tanking spec. The more tanks and healers we have, the better the game is for everyone.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#16SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 2/15/2013 12:22:23 PM
From: halomonkey1_3_5 | Posted: 2/15/2013 12:19:39 PM | #015
as a Shaman main, I'd love a earth-based tanking spec. The more tanks and healers we have, the better the game is for everyone.

This.

Name the Shaman spec Earthen and name the Warlock spec Apotheosis for all I care.
Hell, I don't even care if it's something that sounds stupid... like giving Rogues a Medic spec where you turn their dual-wielded weapons in Syringes [this is mostly a joke]. Along with their 5 Combo Points they also get 5 Blood Points. Outside of combat, Medics regenerate 1 Blood Point every 5 seconds, up to 2 Blood Points. When an offensive finisher is used, Combo Points are consumed. When a healing/support finisher is used, Blood Points are consumed. Add a modifier where offensive abilities/spells only deal 75% damage or something like that. This would be to discourage trying to do "1337 DPS" in Medic spec.

-New passive: Offensive Support: Spell Power is increased by Agility.

-New ability: Shadow's Eye [40 Energy, instant, 1 min cool-down]: Places a Shadow's Eye on the target for 6 seconds. If the target would suffer an attack, consume the Shadow's Eye to envolop the target in shadows, increasing their dodge by 33%. If the duration expires before the Shadow's Eye is consumed, the target is healed by X amount.

-New ability: Med Pack [20 Energy, 2 sec cast time]: Throws a Med Pack at the target, healing them for X health. Generates 1 Blood Point.

-New ability: Support [12 second cool-down]: Converts 1/2/3/4/5 Combo Points into 1/2/3/4/5 Blood Points.

-Tricks of the Trade is changed: Now instead of transfering Threat and giving a damage boost is transfers threat and provides damage reduction for the duration.

-Eviscerate becomes Eviscerate/Transfusion. Eviscerate works the same on enemies and consumes Combo Points. Transfusion has a 40yd range, heals an ally by a straight Health amount and consumes 3 Blood Points.

-Slice and Dice stays the same and consumes Combo Points.

-Recuperate can be used on allies with a 40yd range and consumes 1/2/3/4/5 Blood Points for 6/12/18/24/30 sec duration.

-Rupture is replaced with Drain: Places a DoT on the enemy that does low damage and generates 1 Blood point every 3 seconds, lasting for 6/12/18/24/30 seconds for 1/2/3/4/5 Combo Points.

-Crimson Tempest damages up to 5 enemies within 8yd and heals up to 5 lowest health allies within 13yd. Enemies get the damage + DoT and allies get a heal + HoT. Always damages/heals the same amount, but only consumes a Combo Point/Blood Point per Enemy/Ally damaged/healed. Meaning, if you use this with 1 enemy and 2 allies nearby, it consumes 1 Combo Point and 2 Blood Points.

-Nightstalker also increases Healing while stealthed.
-Glyph of Leaching Poison (Medic only): Now applies the self-healing effect to all allies attacking the poisoned target, but at a reduced effect.
-Shadow Step can now be used when targeting allies.
-Anticipation now works with Blood Points as well.
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#17Q_Sensei(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:02:02 PM
Hak posted...
KTG2 posted...
Didn't read. Guild Wars 2 destroyed the "trinity" dungeon structure, which was a cool idea but was executed poorly.

Don't credit GW2 with that. City of Heroes had that on release. Most of the content in that was run with 8 Blasters (think Mages, but squishier), or 8 Defenders (there's not really a proper analog in WoW... kinda Healers, kinda CC, more focused on buffing and debuffing to a point where heals were actually unnecessary).

Only time Tanks were really required was to absorb the alpha strikes in the Incarnate content 40-man runs (now I think about it... WoW ditched 40-man runs and introduced 25-player LFR. CoH introduced 40-man LFR before WoW, and there were still less morons per run in a 40 than in a 25).

GW2 sucked anyway.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.