This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want a class that can Tank, but is also very good in PvP, mainly battelgrounds

#1_Gamer_Of_Time_Posted 2/15/2013 7:34:43 AM
I have it down to Death Knight, Druid, Paladin, or Warrior. I don't REALLY want to play a Warrior though, as my friend mains a Warr.

I want to Tank, and do random battlegrounds as well as possibly rated. My main focus is the random battlegrounds, though.

Preferably whatever is also good at 1v1 duels.

What do you guys recommend?
---
"What an idiot." - L This sig dedicated to: ShinyGible7
Pokemon White FC = 5414 9914 0481 (Time)
#2_Gamer_Of_Time_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:53:05 AM
battlegrounds*
---
#3HakPosted 2/15/2013 7:55:15 AM
1v1, the answer is "none of the above". Battlegrounds, you can get away with any of them really. Random battlegrounds you can get away with basically doing nothing and generating some honor. Really comes down to whichever one you prefer to play.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#4DamorahTalsetPosted 2/15/2013 8:11:09 AM
I'd have to say blood DKs. Their self heals and survivability are unmatched in BGs.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#5Glockass1Posted 2/15/2013 8:17:02 AM
DamorahTalset posted...
I'd have to say blood DKs. Their self heals and survivability are unmatched in BGs.

They are easily killed if people have more than half a brain cell.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#6CacofiendPosted 2/15/2013 8:21:22 AM
I would probably say go pally as your friend is a warrior.

Saying that any of them could do the job really for at least none rated battlegrounds. Not sure which is best for pvp out of these classes if u do rated though

For tanking heroics dungeons and raids it doesn't matter too much as long as you know what you are doing.
#7Right_Chus_1Posted 2/15/2013 8:28:43 AM
DamorahTalset posted...

I thought they fixed blood DK's to where hitting players with deathstrike doesnt really do anything anymore...?
#8_Gamer_Of_Time_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:35:25 AM
I don't really mean tanking in battlegrounds, I mean a damaging PvP spec and a tank spec.

Thanks for the help so far!
---
#9DamorahTalsetPosted 2/15/2013 8:37:00 AM
Glockass1 posted...
DamorahTalset posted...

They are easily killed if people have more than half a brain cell.

You're expecting too much out of people in random BGs.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#10Neo_HeartlessPosted 2/15/2013 9:23:08 AM
_Gamer_Of_Time_ posted...
I don't really mean tanking in battlegrounds, I mean a damaging PvP spec and a tank spec.

Thanks for the help so far!

Any of the tank classes can do what you ask and in random battlegrounds there's not the level of cohesive teamwork that would favour one class over another, so I'd have to say check the classes and see what you prefer.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]