This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Death Knight in my guild

#1jlc992Posted 2/15/2013 7:55:33 PM
The guy is only 70 barely done anything. Seems he plays unholy and is geared for that. He was angry someone was complaining about his gear. We thought it was weird someone complaining about a DPS gear until he told us he was tanking in blood tanking. We were trying to tell him that DPS and tanking are a bit different in gear but he didn't understand.
---
4 and 1 odd!
#2tote_allPosted 2/15/2013 7:57:45 PM
This is all fascinating.
---
http://i.imgur.com/4u1biRF.png
#3jlc992(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:59:51 PM
I found it funny
---
4 and 1 odd!
#4pistachio2888Posted 2/16/2013 11:01:34 AM
its all good i thought i was a tank all the way to 70 in BC when i was in fact a ret pally, even got into a dungeon, they ask where is your shield? i said it was on cool down. that is my biggest fail in wow.
---
Hello my name is Trolly of Trollington HAHA MageuLook
#5scarecrowsPosted 2/16/2013 11:07:06 AM
I went back to my first server and looked at my first character. A level 20 rogue that had some spirit gear on. Noobs will be noobs.
---
Tanks. Insta Q's = Insta QQ's
#6femmefatale7Posted 2/16/2013 11:09:37 AM
pistachio2888 posted...
its all good i thought i was a tank all the way to 70 in BC when i was in fact a ret pally, even got into a dungeon, they ask where is your shield? i said it was on cool down. that is my biggest fail in wow.

I laughed harder than I should have.
---
Meh. As difficult as it may be for you, you're just going to have to accept that you'll have to go without dick for awhile. - Steamster to Little Zardar
#7DawnshadowPosted 2/16/2013 2:01:43 PM
He's only 15 levels into the class, and tanking gear doesn't become important until around level 70 anyway-- before then you just aim for stamina, as proper defensive gear is scarce. I don't blame him for not intuitively knowing the difference if this is his first plate tank. (I just hope he listens; once plate gear becomes a Thing it's really important.)

Scrounge up some cobalt and have someone in the guild make him the crafted tanking armor, maybe?
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#8jlc992(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 9:43:08 AM
Dawnshadow posted...
He's only 15 levels into the class, and tanking gear doesn't become important until around level 70 anyway-- before then you just aim for stamina, as proper defensive gear is scarce. I don't blame him for not intuitively knowing the difference if this is his first plate tank. (I just hope he listens; once plate gear becomes a Thing it's really important.)

Scrounge up some cobalt and have someone in the guild make him the crafted tanking armor, maybe?

I was trying to tell him that he needs tank gear (shield and have gear with dodge and parry) but he didn't understand. He was so use to using his DPS gear he thought he could use it for tanking. I mostly felt he is going to learn sooner or later. Hopefully before wipes but you never know.
---
4 and 1 odd!
#9AssultTankPosted 2/17/2013 9:45:36 AM
jlc992 posted...
I was trying to tell him that he needs tank gear (shield and have gear with dodge and parry)

jlc992 posted...
Death Knight in my guild

wat?
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#10scarecrowsPosted 2/17/2013 10:22:08 AM
Ooooo an interesting new development. TC makes a post making fun of someone in his guild that is ignorant. Turns out the TC is even more ignorant. It's always good to tell a new DK to use a shield. GG.
---
Tanks. Insta Q's = Insta QQ's