This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just had a heart attack of happiness. <3 you Blizzard "Not mount related"

#1Coop14Posted 2/16/2013 6:45:53 PM
Put that last bit because I know I ramble a lot about mounts.

So I was looking at pets to see where I could get the Gilnean Raven.

So I looked it up and one of its spells was Nevermore...

The entire reason I was looking it up is because Poe, is a family friend of mine in a past life sorta speak...

George Colton (Poes publisher) was my Great great great uncle, and the original first and only publication of the Raven was passed onto me 6 years ago after the last in the line of Coltons passed who was basically my grandfather.

Yeah dont mean to brag, but just clearing up I have a blunt obsession with Poe/Lovecraft work.

So ******* happy <3 :D :D :D :D
---
I'd like to pull those horns, smash her face into my bed. - Zardar, the one who makes me laugh over everything.
#2angrywalrus13Posted 2/16/2013 6:47:37 PM
It's also a very useful ability. *thumbs up*
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#3ElaeusPosted 2/16/2013 6:48:22 PM
It's probably because it's very late at night (rather early in the morning here) but I don't get it.

HOWEVER, the fact that there is a raven pet in the game is something I would've loved to be informed about thanks.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#4Coop14(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 6:53:22 PM(edited)
It's probably because it's very late at night (rather early in the morning here) but I don't get it.

HOWEVER, the fact that there is a raven pet in the game is something I would've loved to be informed about thanks.

You can find the little bundle of joy in Darkshore!

Nevermore is the famous ending line from The Raven. A poem written by Edgar Allan Poe in the states back in the 1840s.

Was a grisly tale about a man losing his sanity essentially.

I know Poe isn't as popular elsewhere in the world(Hopefully doesnt sound too ignorant). My girlfriend is from Korea and she didn't hear about the poet till I told her my family ties about the man.
---
I'd like to pull those horns, smash her face into my bed. - Zardar, the one who makes me laugh over everything.
#5TheGreatCheezePosted 2/16/2013 6:57:44 PM
Throughout my entire schooling from K-12, I didn't read a single thing written by Poe (In school, I had a book of his poems that I read outside of it.) until the last semester of senior year. Our public schools need to put in some more poetry in the curriculum.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#6Coop14(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 7:00:43 PM
Throughout my entire schooling from K-12, I didn't read a single thing written by Poe (In school, I had a book of his poems that I read outside of it.) until the last semester of senior year. Our public schools need to put in some more poetry in the curriculum.

I was introduced to Poe back in the 8th grade.

Currently in my Sophmore year at my University.

Needless to say I had absolutely zero ideas till my Uncle passed and wrote the will onto me. I was 14, young, naive (still am) and had no idea what I was getting myself into when I accepted everything.

Poetry ironically I have enjoyed since the 5th grade, been writing *trying* to write music because I have been playing guitar for years. Piano is the other most recent, with Ukulele, and Cajone both being two I have picked up recently.

I agree public schooling in the states needs to add more poetry. Screw tests, this coming from a man whos mother is a Principal heh.

Have a video of me playing guitar years ago on youtube, kinda embarrassing I haven't taken it down yet.
---
#7CapnCrunch1Posted 2/16/2013 7:14:26 PM
That's actually pretty awesome. I don't really enjoy poetry because I have a hard time understanding it, or at least I don't try. We're learning about poetry though in school an that's really cool.
#8Wyrmwarrior5Posted 2/16/2013 7:34:11 PM
That's pretty awesome. I keep meaning to read more Poe, but I'm already behind on my reading (Which actually includes this giant book of Lovecraft short stories).

As far as poetry goes, I'm too literal of a person to ever really fully get poetry. Which was great fun for me during my last year of high school, because for my final project in AP English we read "The Waste Land" by T.S. Eliot and dear god, that was something my poor mind could not handle. Thankfully we each were given specific parts of the poems to exam, so I didn't have to fully explain the entire thing.

That all being said, I do like poetry a lot once I actually get a poem or I get familiar with an author's style. I rather like Tennyson, on account of me reading a decent amount of his stuff for another project for the previously mentioned AP English class.
---
http://breadfish.de/
http://thebest404pageever.com = best website ever.
#9KokeiiPosted 2/16/2013 7:43:57 PM
Wyrmwarrior5 posted...
That's pretty awesome. I keep meaning to read more Poe, but I'm already behind on my reading (Which actually includes this giant book of Lovecraft short stories).

As far as poetry goes, I'm too literal of a person to ever really fully get poetry. Which was great fun for me during my last year of high school, because for my final project in AP English we read "The Waste Land" by T.S. Eliot and dear god, that was something my poor mind could not handle. Thankfully we each were given specific parts of the poems to exam, so I didn't have to fully explain the entire thing.

That all being said, I do like poetry a lot once I actually get a poem or I get familiar with an author's style. I rather like Tennyson, on account of me reading a decent amount of his stuff for another project for the previously mentioned AP English class.

I'm not a big poetry guy myself, and so I can relate to you there. You should definitely read some of Poe's short stories, though. They're all pretty great. Some of them are quite morbid, others are darkly comedic, some are just detective/whodunit stories. All are definitely worth reading. And since they're short, it's not a terrible effort to just read one here and there.

On a more on topic note, if you're a shadow priest (like I am) with the raven glyph, and the glyph of shadowy friends, the Raven is pretty much your must-have pet. It's pretty awesome.
#10pengalorPosted 2/16/2013 8:19:04 PM
Wyrmwarrior5 posted...

Definitely recommended if you are into dark poetry. Much of his writing is a reflection of his own troubles, he struggled with depression and drug abuse, eventually ended up dead in a gutter. He was a serious genius of dark stories though.
---
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z167/Pengalor/sig_2copy.jpg
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/pengalor/advanced