This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't Pandaran be deathknights??

#21redundanciesPosted 2/18/2013 10:46:02 AM
THEN Blizzard shoe-horned the existence of the Panda race, after the fact.

The Warcraft RPG, created in 2003, has an entire lore section devoted to Pandaren.
#22DawnshadowPosted 2/18/2013 12:15:48 PM
Pandaren death knights don't exist because there were only a handful of Pandaren outside of Pandaria and the Wandering Isle until Mists. There weren't any Pandaren corpses in the Plaguelands for Arthas to convert, and Bolvar isn't making new undead, just keeping the ones he can control locked down. Goblins were super-common and honestly should have appeared as death knight NPCs in Wrath, and worgen... well, sort of got handwaved in.

I assume that, in the future, any race that could have potentially been in the Plaguelands during vanilla or BC would be available as death knights. For example, Broken death knights would make sense, if they ever make Broken playable-- it's not implausible that some of them might have traveled during Burning Crusade, even if they weren't playable. Ethereals, on the other hand, don't even have a physical body and didn't exist on Azeroth at the time.

Forsaken holy priests ARE canon, although their unlives are generally miserable, according to one of the Ask Creative Development posts from about a year back. The constant exposure to the Light slowly starts to bring back their lost senses-- they can smell themselves rotting and feel the worms eating at their flesh. I'd love to see Forsaken paladin as an option the next time they open up new classes. Light users-- especially paladins-- are based on sheer conviction and willpower, and those are actually qualities the Forsaken tend to have (although piety typically isn't.)
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#23ElaeusPosted 2/18/2013 12:24:16 PM
Yehyehyehyehyeh whatever gets me Forsaken pallies.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#24RPGphreakPosted 2/18/2013 12:25:27 PM
MakeHate posted...
i want undead shamans. Maybe tomes are little spines with skulls on top, or ribcages...

I can dig it.
---
Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
#25redundanciesPosted 2/18/2013 1:34:06 PM
worgen... well, sort of got handwaved in.

Worgen existed in Silverpine long before the Cataclysm, and worgen DKs are stated to have come from a group in Pyrewood that was under Arugal's command. I don't really call that a "handwave".
#26RockeignPosted 2/18/2013 1:39:47 PM
redundancies posted...

Worgen existed in Silverpine long before the Cataclysm, and worgen DKs are stated to have come from a group in Pyrewood that was under Arugal's command. I don't really call that a "handwave".

The fact that not a single worgen or goblin DK was seen in the Ebon Blade for the whole expansion kinda unravels that a bit.
---
[ ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ]
http://i47.tinypic.com/5c0mk7.png
#27DekadensePosted 2/18/2013 1:55:59 PM
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30202#comments

These paladins weren't immune to the depravity of undeath.
---
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
- Winston Churchill
#28ElaeusPosted 2/18/2013 2:22:44 PM
Rockeign posted...
redundancies posted...

The fact that not a single worgen or goblin DK was seen in the Ebon Blade for the whole expansion kinda unravels that a bit.

While this is true I think they just expect us to pretend that "there have been some all the time, just not well represented in the game".
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#29AmakusaPosted 2/18/2013 3:52:42 PM
Rockeign posted...

That's not saying much considering I don't remember seeing very many Night Elf or Draenei DKs either.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#30RockeignPosted 2/18/2013 4:00:12 PM
Elaeus posted...
Rockeign posted...
redundancies posted...

While this is true I think they just expect us to pretend that "there have been some all the time, just not well represented in the game".

Exactly.

While it is possible to retcon Worgen and Goblin Death Knights in, it still doesn't change the fact that it takes a bit of suspension of disbelief to make happen. I don't know why they let Goblin and Worgen DKs happen anyway since they're not letting them be Monks, a class that actually makes sense lorewise.
---
[ ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ]
http://i47.tinypic.com/5c0mk7.png