This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I just shamed a guild into leaving a normal Mogu'shan Palace run, but...

#31dakotah1978Posted 2/20/2013 8:33:18 AM
You lost the bet. Close your account.
---
"This is a quote wherein someone self owned." -Someone
#32EDarienPosted 2/20/2013 9:45:32 PM
c0sa n0stra posted...
Also, now I have to watch all seasons of Avatar again, wish they'd hurry up with more Korra stuff.

Such great shows. I think the issue with Korra taking so long is that they weren't sure if they would be renewed or not until after Book 1 was aired in its entirety and a reaction gauged. That said, they could have been done with the whole series (possibly) by now, if they were allowed to work on it back-to-back, but were forced to wait for the reaction.

That's actually why, my understanding, the ending played out how it did. If the series was over it tied things up nicely enough, if not completely, but still left room for further books if the green light was given.

I'm just glad it's due out this year, though, so it's close.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#33DawnshadowPosted 2/20/2013 9:57:35 PM
Even if you weren't in the wrong stance, you were in the wrong, OP. You are a bad DPS, and I hope I never get in a group with you, no matter where you are in the meters.

I'm going to assume the druid wasn't hopeless-- he was in agility gear and actually doing something close to a proper tanking rotation.

First of all, you're a bad DPS for not checking your stance upon pulling threat-- that's the first thing I do on my tank-hybrids if I pull threat when I shouldn't be while DPSing, especially if it's after I give them lead time in a fight. (Also remember to check after mind control.)

Secondly, you clearly don't know the basic definition of your role. Your meter performance is good; you're using 450 weapons and are in raid gear, when the majority of players are in poorly itemized quest gear. However, the DPS's job is to do as much DPS as they can without pulling threat off the tank. Yes, tanks have insane threat now, but it's not infinite; it is possible to bypass a tank if you outgear them by enough. It is not the tank's job to magically pull better gear out of their rear to keep up with an overgeared, egotistical DPS who doesn't realize that Recount is not the most important part of the dungeon. If your DPS output is so high that you cannot do your rotation and not pull threat, start taking bits of gear off (or even swapping to a quest reward weapon) until you stop pulling threat or until your DPS dips below the party average. It's not like Mists leveling dungeons take that much raw damage to clear.

Third, you're a jerk; if you couldn't stand the tank you should have dropped and requeued, instead of harassing him about it. You may turned that tank into yet another "I don't tank for strangers" player, just like most of the potential tanks I know. They all tried it, got insulted and belittled for not being able to chain pull at warp speed or hold threat off people who outgeared them by 50 item levels, and then quit again. Good tanking takes time, practice, and experience; if you routinely abuse your random tanks for not being absolutely perfect, you are part of the reason why DPS queues are so long and really shouldn't be running randoms.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#34MegaSlushPosted 2/20/2013 10:20:31 PM
Zro123 posted...
ArcticLich posted...
airshippilot911 posted...
Psoloquoise posted...
You could close your account.

---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#35oniskiethPosted 2/20/2013 10:57:19 PM
You kicked the mage because you think it is funny? He was probably in that que for 25 minutes. You're a jerk.
---
Roy's our boy!
One man's sunset is another man's dawn.
#36dj4242Posted 2/21/2013 1:02:03 AM
What was the bet TC made?
---
"If that's whatchu say, bruh" - Russell crybaby Westbrook
Vikings and Pacers fan
#37c0sa n0straPosted 2/21/2013 1:13:22 AM
EDarien posted...
c0sa n0stra posted...
Also, now I have to watch all seasons of Avatar again, wish they'd hurry up with more Korra stuff.

Such great shows. I think the issue with Korra taking so long is that they weren't sure if they would be renewed or not until after Book 1 was aired in its entirety and a reaction gauged. That said, they could have been done with the whole series (possibly) by now, if they were allowed to work on it back-to-back, but were forced to wait for the reaction.

That's actually why, my understanding, the ending played out how it did. If the series was over it tied things up nicely enough, if not completely, but still left room for further books if the green light was given.

I'm just glad it's due out this year, though, so it's close.

Oh yeah I understand why, Book 1 was pretty self-contained, I just want moar :)
#38PsoloquoisePosted 2/21/2013 1:18:12 AM
dj4242 posted...

http://i.imgur.com/mnpIwcK.jpg
#39dj4242Posted 2/21/2013 1:38:23 AM
Psoloquoise posted...
dj4242 posted...

Damn that's like 2 and a half years of welching. Pretty serious stuff.
---
"If that's whatchu say, bruh" - Russell crybaby Westbrook
Vikings and Pacers fan
#40monkeehandsPosted 2/21/2013 2:28:06 AM
Psoloquoise posted...
dj4242 posted...

All of a sudden the penny drops and I laughed insanely at vahndragronwing's post