This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Expansion So Far

#1Q_SenseiPosted 2/17/2013 9:55:41 PM
Which has been your favorite expansion so far? - Results (167 votes)
Burning Crusade: And the Content is still good.
17.37% (29 votes)
Burning Crusade: But the content is obsolete now
8.38% (14 votes)
Wrath of the Lich King: And the content is still good.
19.76% (33 votes)
Wrath of the Lich King: But the content is obsolete now.
14.97% (25 votes)
Cataclysm: And the content is still good.
2.99% (5 votes)
Cataclysm: But the content is obsolete now.
1.8% (3 votes)
Mists of Pandaria
21.56% (36 votes)
Vanilla was the only good WoW. Everything that came after gradually made the game worse.
3.59% (6 votes)
Vanilla was best, but the new stuff is fine.
4.19% (7 votes)
I hate this game.
5.39% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What's your opinion on the subject?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#2ryanell666Posted 2/17/2013 10:11:59 PM
Vanilla was an expansion?
#3Q_Sensei(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 10:12:54 PM
ryanell666 posted...
Vanilla was an expansion?

Or lack of one.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#4PsyborgasmPosted 2/17/2013 10:26:13 PM
I felt BC required the most 'skill.'
#5Right_Chus_1Posted 2/17/2013 10:30:13 PM
I still cant really get on board with any expansion being the best ever. They all had good things and bad things about them. They all felt pretty equal to me. If i had to pick one i liked the least though i think it would be Pandaria. The daily quests are boring and not done very well and its too bad dailys make up the entire expansion.
#6angrywalrus13Posted 2/17/2013 10:39:26 PM
MoP has been in my favor longer than Cata was after its launch, so that's something.

I'm a Wrath baby and have no opinion on expansions on the whole. :x
I do really love Northrend's atmosphere, though, along with Outland.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#7SpookingPosted 2/17/2013 10:52:19 PM
WotLK. I love cold, snowy expansions/games: Skyrim, EverQuest: Velious, WotLK. Great stuff.
---
Prism Ranger (Red): Isn't it obvious? We don't have any friends!
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
#8MrBigJohnsonPosted 2/17/2013 11:08:31 PM
All that i've played have been good. I don't play favorites but this game as a whole has been keeping me coming back for months on end.
---
Even addiction has diminishing returns. Johnrockks#1547
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Marisette/advanced
#9fallen_acolytePosted 2/18/2013 12:33:08 AM(edited)
I think this topic is strictly for those who played wow from launch or from BC. Not to be that guy, but how can one who never experienced the first expansion to give a fair vote, or anyone who stopped playing and missed an xpac.

You can't fairly say which is better because for every expansion, the game takes a step forward in the right direction with every release.. So were the previous game was lacking, the new Xpac improved on it and carried the torch. Only problem is by doing this segregated the hardcores from the casuals.

by looking at the polls, I doubt most wow vets are voting, but to be good sport.... Nothing yet has been able to hold a candle to BC.
#10Abyssmal FiendPosted 2/18/2013 2:21:12 AM
Psyborgasm posted...
I felt BC required the most 'skill.'

You wouldn't say that if you ever organized and led a (non-world boss) 40-man. Raid leaders and raid officers had some pretty extreme requirements. If you weren't very good at the administration end of running raids, you could easily destroy your entire raid group. BC's (well-advised) decision to move to a 10/25-man system drastically reduced the stress on raid officers and, on the whole, was an extremely smart decision. Even if it did dumb down the experience somewhat.

That said, BC was extremely lenient in terms of player skill. It basically took concepts from vanilla, made them more raid-oriented, and then made it so players who didn't pay attention would simply wipe the raid. You see this in a number of encounters (Netherspite, Kaz'rogal, Illidari Council), but the one that really comes to mind is Archimonde. If you screwed up and died to the fire, chances are Archimonde would just wreck your entire raid. A ton of BC bosses were glorified tank and spanks. And some of the more unique encounters (Leo) were basically a tank and spank with two phases.

And then there were some of the class specs. Seriously, go see if you can find some destruction warlock videos from the BC era. Bind one key to Curse of Elements, bind every other key to Shadowbolt, and simply facedesk the entire raid. And do 2k dps at the same time, reliably putting you in the top 5 on tier 5 content.

I still maintain that BC was the best expansion of the lot, but it really did not require the most skill. I'm not quite sure what expansion that honorific goes to. It might be Wrath.
---
"Erst waegen, dann wagen." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder