This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Monks: 5.2: Soloing and DPS? (maybe tank)

#1Melted_ButterPosted 2/18/2013 11:31:30 PM(edited)
How are monks looking for next patch, as DPS, and for soloing older stuff?
Maybe up to cata-dungeons(heroic), possibly some of the easier raids too?

And supposing I decide I might want to try tanking at some point, how are brewmasters?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#2Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/19/2013 12:44:20 AM
I'm leveling a Brewaster and I've never had more fun than one shotting a mob by smashing a keg in their face.
#3HakPosted 2/19/2013 2:34:19 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
I'm leveling a Brewaster and I've never had more fun than one shotting a mob by smashing a keg in their face.

But Keg Smash doesn't do any damage?
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#4monkeehandsPosted 2/19/2013 4:29:41 AM
I've soloed some of the cata heroics already as a windwalker. Also, yes, keg smash does damage, it's the thrown one that doesn't
#5HakPosted 2/19/2013 4:35:22 AM
Ah yeah, Dizzying Haze. Get the 2 mixed up fairly often, probably because I equate the thrown one also states that you throw a keg.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#6Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/19/2013 4:54:27 PM
Hak posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

But Keg Smash doesn't do any damage?

It does :P
#7aLINKinthechainPosted 2/19/2013 6:28:06 PM
You can look at the patch notes yourself, but WW is gonna be getting a solid dps increase: combo breaker (current mastery) is becoming a passive 15% chance and the new mastery revolves around tigereye brew. WW is also getting another CD that effectively raises dps by 20% for its duration.
---
GT: thatKevinkid
the first man on the moon was soma, and he got there by yorick jumping.