This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long until I have to actually start using more than one skill to Monk tank?

#1FolstarPosted 2/19/2013 8:41:25 AM
I'm level 66 now and all I do is spam Dizzying Haze

I do like 100 dps only overall but no one can pull off of me and I can't die, is it just like this untiil 90
---
http://folstar.deviantart.com/
#2Nightbird_XPosted 2/19/2013 8:59:13 AM
It's like that at 90 also. You aggro everything as soon as you login as a Brewmaster.
---
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012
#3MorgasaurusPosted 2/19/2013 9:00:18 AM(edited)
Negatory. This probably doesn't matter much until 90 but you are being more squishy than you have to be by spamming dizzying haze.

Use dizzying haze on the pull to get a headstart over AoE DPS. After that you should use keg smash and jab with tab-targeting to build chi while keeping your Tiger Palm buff up. Basically:

Use tiger palm if you don't have the buff.

Zero Chi, High Energy: Expel Harm (If HP < 50%) > Keg Smash > Expel Harm (If HP < 90%) > Jab

Chi Dump: Purifying Brew (If debuff is red) > Guard > Blackout Kick > Purifying Brew (If debuff is yellow)

Chi Dump on AoE: Purifying Brew (If debuff is red) > Guard > Blackout Kick (if shuffle is not up) > Breath of Fire

Spam Tiger Palm at low energy/zero chi until you can do something else. This also serves to refresh the buff.

You should make every attempt to use guard on cooldown, and blackout kick once every 6 seconds (or as much as possible), and pop elusive brew stacks on big pulls with lots of melee hits on you or with mobs that have strong melee hits.

If a DK or warrior is being dumb and is in the wrong stance then you can spam dizzying haze more so they don't pull. Otherwise you shouldn't need more than 1-2 on an AoE pull.

Using Spinning Crane Kick may give you more AoE DPS if you want the dungeon to go faster, but you do not melee during this spell and therefore you do not build up elusive brew stacks. It is a trade-off to use that ability. You might also consider glyphing spinning crane kick as this eliminates the movement penalty.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#4Folstar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 9:49:31 AM
I know all that jazz already bro I just want to know when it becomes necessary to do more than Dizzying Haze to stay alive

I can just keep doing Dizzying Haze until 90 when I start raiding right
---
http://folstar.deviantart.com/
#5Nightbird_XPosted 2/19/2013 11:16:34 AM
Nightbird_X posted...
It's like that at 90 also. You aggro everything as soon as you login as a Brewmaster.

---
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012
#6Sephiroth C RyuPosted 2/19/2013 6:37:56 PM
*Brewmaster logs in*

Deathwing: I get the feeling I should be angry at something all of a sudden. Other then the usual all of Azeroth, I mean.

Arthas: You too? Weird.

Illidan: That monk probably logged in again.

Arthas: Is THAT what that is? Whats up with that, anyway?

Sha of Anger: I HATE MONKS!

Deathwing: So what, you're saying that you are infecting us all with your hatred of monks? Is that it?

Sha of Anger: RAGE! HAHAHAHAHA!

Illidan: And I thought Maiev had issues...

Arthas: So, group up for Brewmaster Monk anyone?

Deathwing: Hell no, not after what Sha did last time.

Sha of Anger: ENTIRE CITY OF STORMWIND MAKES SHA ANGRY! THEY DESERVED IT!

Deathwing: Yeah, that's nice and all, but pulling an entire city? Seriously, I only attacked that place when I was protected by cutscene immunity!

*Brewmaster downed*

Illidan: Well, while you guys were arguing, that blasted titan party got him.

Sha of Anger: TITANS MAKE SHA ANGRY!

Arthas: Everything makes you angry. But yeah, I hate those bloody jerks.

Elegon: Hi guiz! I got an awesome trinket off that monk!

Deathwing: Oh, here we go...

Sha of Anger: ELEGON MAKE SHA ANGRY!

Illidan: You are a dragon! Why would you roll on a dodge trinket?!

Elegon: It has mastery too!

Arthas: Oh for the love of...

Sha of Anger: MORE MASTERY MAKES SHA ANGRIER!

Deathwing: Why can't we ever group with the Sha of Fear?

Arthas: You try convincing him that a monk won't eat him. He never does anything but turtle inside his precious little instance.

Sha of Anger: SHA OF ANGER LIKES TURTLES!

Elegon: Hey, I like turtles too!

Deathwing: You know, the lore may say otherwise, but I think my real madness stems from dealing with you nuts! That's it! I've had it!

*Deathwing has logged out*

Illidan: Ragequit.

Sha of Anger: YES! FEEL YOUR ANGER! LET IT RISE!

Arthas: Sigh...
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#7CM101PlayPosted 2/19/2013 7:01:58 PM
I...I need that to happen constantly.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pXxTP.gif
The greatest trick ever played was man convincing himself that God does not exist.