This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Making Gold: My Dungeoneering guide

#1Egxamer1Posted 2/19/2013 1:48:28 PM
Was this Information Helpful to you - Results (150 votes)
Yes
49.33% (74 votes)
No
10.67% (16 votes)
I hate you Egxamer die in a alcoholicaust
40% (60 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Created this guide for all users in helping them to either save themselves money gearing alts, make some money in solid markets and for individuals who do not mind putting in a little effort for long term gains. Too often i hear from new players, "I don't know what to farm to make gold. Here you go!

SOME JUST PLAY THE AH! THAT IS PERFECTLY FINE BUT I CAN'T STAND IN THE AH ALL DAY LOSING MY MIND TO UNDERCUTTERS AND NOT PLAYING

So... Lets start with my favorite in what i call DUNGEON GRINDERS INC!
*MD: Market Depending*
With every expansion release has come a jump in ilvl of the items in xpac opening dungeons which are perfect for the leveling alts/twink pvp green BOE gear as well cloth/bag making market.

The monetary gains increase with each xpac you go up but also the expenses, particularly if you do not possess a character that can clear quickly and efficiently without death. For all examples i will use my character Dryzander as my farmer who you can contact ingame at anytime, and my army of alts and their professions.

For a base menu here are your lists:

For the Burning Crusade: (Money making in ascending order)
Target Dungeons: Hellfire Ramparts, Blood Furnace
Target items:
(Green Armor w/2 compatible base stats *Str/Stam, Int/Stam* or with a 3rd stat (Hit/haste) of level range 57-60) (Green Weapons w/2 compatible base stats or with 3rd stat of lvl 57-60)
Rare BOE world drops also! Some items are still useful as Transmog despite their statistics. (These can draw up to an average 25-50 for quick sale and others 100-500g
Special greens like http://www.wowhead.com/item=25212 can even net 1k in gold to the right buyer.
Netherweave Cloth Can be sold as is for profit (5-10g MD) or with a tailor combined with Rune Thread (Seek a tailor supplier) to make 16 slot Netherweave Bags for (25-35g profit MD)
Knothide Leather If your farmer can also skin, the extra effort overtime can be worth all the scrap collecting as stacks of leatherworking materials rarely go for under (40g MD)
Arcane Dust, Planar Essence, Prismatic Shard Enchanting at this stage needs mostly dust with less essences and even less shards but they still sell as many are needed in the construction twink/alt enchanting and Tmog items among other BC classics. Dust however still sells fairly strong around (30-60g MD)
Health and Mana Pots Believe it or not young and up and coming pvpers equip themselves with pots. This market seems to expand more during the summers idk why. Still its the least profitable (1-10g per stack MD)

Final Note on BC dungeons: You can also include other dungeons for other target lvl greens but know that the market for lvling toons shrinks the higher lvl you go and the more the market for that lvl of greens depends on transmog. This is due to the massive amount of dungeon leveling going on by toons leveling already, boss drops and now dungeon quests they attain from gearing. BUT if you target a place heavy with skinning such as Underbog you can offset the cost with profits in the LW market and just D/e greens for the Enchanting market.
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#2Egxamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:48:56 PM
For the Wrath of the Lich King: (Money making in ascending order)
Target Dungeons: Utgardt Keep, The Nexus (Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, Halls of Reflection)
Target items:
Frostweave Cloth Can be sold as is for profit (20-50g MD) and with the profession trait gathered in great supply also with a tailor, can be combined with Infinite dust (D/E crappy greens with enchanter) to make 20 slot Frostweave Bags for (200-300g profit MD)
Borean Leather The extra effort overtime at this stage can be really worth all the scrap collecting as stacks of leatherworking materials are needed to get through this particular hump of the LW level crafting process rarely do these stacks go for under (40g MD)
Infinite Dust Normally I would include essences and shards but to get through this lull in enchanting you primarily need 90% dust so the markets for the other two are poor at best. Dust however still sells fairly strong around (40-60g MD)
(Green Armor with 2 compatible basic stats *Str/Stam, Int/Stam*, +3rd stat of lvl 67-70) (Green Weapons with 2 compatible basic stats, +3rd stat of lvl 67-70)
Unfortunately for us, all of LK green gear looks like absolute s*** except for people who wanna look like Eskimos or barbarians... which is nobody but RP Orc warriors so the Tmog market is practically non-existent, also the jump in statistics isnt as steep in increase as it is for the jump to cata so the demand for those performance loving players to outfit themselves in greens is moderate at best Also it doesn't help that this was the first time blizzard gave crafting professions the ability to make entire craft-able gear sets at the expansion entrance level of 70
The Infamous Battered Hilt, http://www.wowhead.com/item=50380 Worth anywhere from 20-40k if you can manage to get one to drop. Last on this list because of its rarity. Some say they dont exist anymore... after a month of farming Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, Halls of Reflection here and there I'm starting to believe em. If gotten the other BoE rares to drop a handful of times but still no hilt.

Final Note on LK Dungeons: The merchant sell price for greens, particularly weapons is so good verses AH posting and disenchanting that its usually more profitable to just clear cut farm and funnel sell everything to Hakmud or Grimo on your Tundra mount. Typically only shoulders, bracers and gloves merch for less than 6g which is enough Infinite dust to keep my tailor happily making bags for all those altoholics who can't stand to NOT have 96 slot space on their lvl 5 alt ^_^
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#3Egxamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:50:43 PM
For the Cataclysm: (Money making in ascending order)
Target Dungeons: Blackrock Caverns, Throne of Tides, Stonecore, Vortex Pinnacle
Target items:
(Green Armor with 3-4 compatible stats *Str/Stam/hit, Int/Stam/Hit/haste* level 77-80) (Green Weapons with 3-4 compatible stats of level 77-80)
Rare BOE world drops and Dungeon rare trash drops Some items are still useful as Transmog despite their statistics. But running around in full cata greens isnt the latest Tmog craze so dont count on it. This is a market primarly for the lvl 79 twinks or those who generally want to be super overpowered in the 75-79 pvp bracket. Also those who wanna fly through those last few levels of LK dungeon leveling or those wanting to get outfitted so they can increase their ilvl to be able to join Cata dungeon groups in the LFD. Either way it means $$$ to you! I often sell the Boe trash drops from 500-1k and 1k-2k for a http://www.wowhead.com/item=55789

Embersilk Cloth Can be sold as is for profit (50-100g MD) and gathered quickly if your farmer is a tailor. With a tailor can be combined with Hypnotic dust (D/E crappy greens with enchanter) to make 22 slot Embersilk Bags for [i](350-450g profit MD)
Hypnotic Dust, Celestial essence I would include shards and crystals but since MoP the markets for the two have been unkind. Dusts and essences however is solid (60-120g MD)
Savage Leather If your farmer can also skin, the extra effort overtime can be worth all the scrap collecting as stacks of leatherworking materials rarely go for under (100g MD) and the hump through cata section of LW requires ALOT of material
Mounts! While you can't collect them for profit getting a drake off of the two bosses in Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle can be enticing! Note that while their prospective BOE rare trash drops are lvl 81 they can be particularly profitable especially Rainsong to leveling healers. Still these two will drop greens in the 79-81 range which can be quite profitable as well but most 81 drops will be better off merched or turned into enchanting supplies.

Final Note on Cata dungeons:The Cata Bracket of sellable gear is 77-82, at 83 pandarian greens take over so its pointless to farm gear beyond that for profit. It won't sell and should be either merched or turned into enchanting supplies. Still this is currently my favorite to farm, if you were alt leveling through this phase of the game this weekend and bought gear on the Cenarius Ally AH there is a 80% chance you got it from me. I have 4 level 80 toons i was farming gear for this weekend having fun rotating between the dungeons so i wouldn't go completely nuts.
Best one i outfitted so far:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarius/Daggerpsycho/simple
I'm sure some rogues are smiling
I made a killing off of the embersilk cloth and although my Paladin is not a skinner he did make another solid amount from the lovely bracelets i also collected during the holiday going on.

For Mists of Pandaria COMING SOON!
If you have been following closely to the guide I'm sure you understand how to make a profit with this. I am reluctant to spill the beans on this yet simply because i currently dual farm this with a friend and wouldnt want to affect his gameplay. Still I'm sure you good person can figure it out.

*Most of my prices have been low cause i tend to go for a quick sale undercut or have been playing long enough to see the market in areas completely bottom out*
I hope this guide was useful to you Reader. Feel free to critique as I am always looking for ways to improve my writing and organizing skills. Also feel free to post your own ideas.

Good Luck and happy Dungeoneering! Oorah!
---
#4CM101PlayPosted 2/19/2013 1:51:38 PM
I liked it, good read. Cata dungeons should be included, they're soloable at 90.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pXxTP.gif
The greatest trick ever played was man convincing himself that God does not exist.
#5ElaeusPosted 2/19/2013 1:52:51 PM
It's honestly a will written guide. Not what I do to make money (not that I bother with making more than I need in gold and end up getting alot more than I wanted anyway), but this is an undeniably good guide. Gets a vote.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#6Egxamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:56:15 PM
CM101Play posted...
I liked it, good read. Cata dungeons should be included, they're soloable at 90.

Yeah i was in the process of adding a final note on my cata inclusion.

So to Further on his note, You can participate in this guide at any level. If you are having trouble with money at any level it is a good idea to take on areas you are 10-20 lvls above for dungeoneering farming. With a new toon on a new server it is entirely possible to spend a few hours at any stage in dungeons farming the basic items I listed and make a profit
---
#7Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/19/2013 2:02:38 PM
tl;dr

WTB Table of Contents.
#8mariofilho12Posted 2/19/2013 2:18:33 PM
Requesting sticky!
---
This guy is a jerk : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board
#9Zro123Posted 2/19/2013 3:14:14 PM
This is nice, requested sticky.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#10thebladeofwoePosted 2/19/2013 3:28:59 PM
Dude good guide, but i am very upset! the battered hilt does exsist!!!

I needed space in my bag and i destroyed it a few nights ago...

damn that was decent gold for a hunk of junk, never knew they went for such an amount for what it was.

Keep up the good work dude.
---
If the original KotOR and World of Warcraft had an abortion it would look something like this. mikejolik on SWTOR