This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fastest way to 85 to 90?

#1SackBoiPosted 2/19/2013 3:50:59 PM
I would assume quests plus a few bit of the dungeons or whatever to just do the quests on them?
---
Sometimes you get the coal mine, and sometimes you get the shaft.
#2ezekiel702Posted 2/19/2013 4:13:36 PM
Pay someone.
#3MCC1701Posted 2/19/2013 4:17:55 PM
In real time, questing>dungeons.

However, at least to me, dungeons SEEM faster than questing
---
World of Warcraft, Dark Souls, Magic: The Gathering. I know a lot about each of them so if you have any questions, just ask.
#4RPGphreakPosted 2/19/2013 5:03:32 PM(edited)
85 Head to Jade Forest and start doing the quests. Queue up for a random dungeon while you're questing. Once you hit 86 head to Valley of the Four Winds. If you haven't managed to get both dungeons make sure you do by the time you hit 87. Also you can normally queue for randoms both times because unless no one is using it (4am) the dungeon finder will give you preference to dungeons you haven't done quests for.

Once you're in Valley of Four winds do the quests at the first farm/inn where you meet chen and talk to the monks from Tian Monestary. Here you have a choice between VFW, and Kras Wilds. This one is a personal preference but I like Valley since it keeps you closer to the Veiled Stair when you finally hit 87. Which as soon as you get to the grummle who gives you the letter from Lorewalker Cho head to the Veiled stair (I think you have to be 87 by this point).

From here it's simple. Do the other two dungeons once a piece. Remember that you don't have to do ALL of Kun-lai summit to open the gate into vale. Just head to the temple of the white tiger and he'll open the gate after that quest.

Once you hit 88 head to Towlong Steppes until you hit 89.

Once you hit 89 head to the Dread Wastes. I suggest going by your faction's shrine in the vale, and get the quest to meet the Shado-pan on the wall.

Also try to keep your gear up to date. It helps make sure you're going through as fast as you can. I'm not saying spend 3k a piece on the AH, but try and hit the Adventuring Supplies vendor along the way. They have them in all the major areas. Dawn's Blossom, Half hill, Binan Villiage, Longying Outpost, and the Serpent's Spine where you start the Dread Wastes questline.
---
Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
#5oldfart81Posted 2/19/2013 4:52:23 PM
park your toon at major faction city for a month. Go pick up crysis 3 and play the multiplayer for that time. When you come back you can grind about 2 days with casual play to level 90. Or you can do what said poster said about the zones.
#6ElaeusPosted 2/19/2013 5:10:46 PM
MCC1701 posted...

Your perception toward the concept of time is so screwed up.
I feel sorry for you.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#7B1g_ClownPosted 2/19/2013 6:05:00 PM
Elaeus posted...
MCC1701 posted...

I feel sorry for you.

That's not a very teacher like thing to say >:(
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJi5xhAOzQ
#8ElaeusPosted 2/19/2013 6:17:19 PM
B1g_Clown posted...
Elaeus posted...
MCC1701 posted...

I feel sorry for you.

That's not a very teacher like thing to say >:(

On vacation till next Monday!
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#9scarecrowsPosted 2/19/2013 6:20:17 PM
Get 4 other people. Go into stormstout. Tank runs in and pulls all the monkeys back to the start and everyone goes nuts and aoe's them all down. Rinse repeat. Faster than questing.
---
Tanks. Insta Q's = Insta QQ's
#10twinslashPosted 2/19/2013 6:54:50 PM
not even kidding here. go to zhu's watch in krasarang, there will be an area with elementals that constantly spawn, just keep tagging them and have 1 or 2 friends kill them, you can get from 85-90 in about 6-10 hours (depending on if you had rested exp or not).
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/laughing-skull/Elementstorm/advanced