This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Monk Tank difficutly compared to other tanks?

#11scarecrowsPosted 2/20/2013 2:23:19 AM
Elaeus posted...
Yeah, it's not like I raided heroic Mogu'shan Vaults with two affliction warlocks bro.

lol@ missing the point. Good is the entire opposite of bad, so of course being bad at ANYTHING (warlock, monk, cooking, sex), is massively different from being good at it. All you have done was stating the obvious.

You raided heroic? Wow!

There is a difference. A bad pally tank can get away with looking somewhat competent. A bad monk stands out like a sore thumb. Dks are the same. If you're healing one that knows how to time their death strikes and healing one that doesn't, the difference is massive. Though massive is subjective.
---
Tanks. Insta Q's = Insta QQ's
#12ElaeusPosted 2/20/2013 2:31:44 AM(edited)
@scarecrows

That's not what I am arguing against. Especially in the (SUE ME) more competitive scene in the game you will want people to maximize the potential of their performance. That isn't the issue. The issue is the difference in definition between good and bad. Paladin, DK, or monk, you simply don't want the bad one in your group, while you want the good one. It's the exact opposite.

Also- the fact that, like you said, the difference is less apparent in shield tanks brings us back to the original point I made: Shield tanks are better this tier. Blizzard is just making an excuse so that they don't tell people "lrn2ply scrubs rofl".

EDIT: To add- it's the same with every new added class to the game. Naturally a newer class will take players (even the more competitive ones) more time to fully master and play on par to originally existing classes (think of the DKs you ran into early WotLK tanking HFP 5 mans). Doesn't mean the class is harder.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#13Lightning BoltPosted 2/20/2013 2:40:11 AM
Nah, Monks are a bit more difficult because they're clunky. They were just way too overdesigned when they came out. Too many unnecessary features crammed into a spec for them to flow.
They've tried to scale it back a little bit (like Tiger Power stacks; that went out the window quickly) but I doubt Monks will be any less clunky until next expansion, when they're willing to make large playstyle changes.

Although making it so that not everything you do is a dps/hps/mitigation loss is a good start. Tiger's Lust has no business costing Chi.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#14HakPosted 2/20/2013 2:41:10 AM(edited)
Elaeus posted...
Yeah, it's not like I raided heroic Mogu'shan Vaults with two affliction warlocks bro.

lol@ missing the point. Good is the entire opposite of bad, so of course being bad at ANYTHING (warlock, monk, cooking, sex), is massively different from being good at it. All you have done was stating the obvious.

But at least with 2 of those examples you get points for trying. Even if you're terrible, you made an effort and that's worth something. Sadly, for the other 2 examples, the average online gamer is judgemental, impatient and loudmouthed, so will hurl abuse at you, even if you're doing your best.

Actually, think I might have had an ex-girlfriend that hurled abuse at me for the 4th example anyway, even when I was doing my best (possibly even while I was doing my best...).
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#15ElaeusPosted 2/20/2013 2:51:16 AM(edited)
Lightning Bolt posted...
Nah, Monks are a bit more difficult because they're clunky

Which, again, happened because it is a new class. Clunky is also a subjective thing- I find affliction warlock clunky. Does it mean it is a hard spec to play?

Hak posted...

But at least with 2 of those examples you get points for trying. Even if you're terrible, you made an effort and that's worth something. Sadly, for the other 2 examples, the average online gamer is judgemental, impatient and loudmouthed, so will hurl abuse at you, even if you're doing your best.

Actually, think I might have had an ex-girlfriend that hurled abuse at me for the 4th example anyway, even when I was doing my best (possibly even while I was doing my best...).

The problem is, the average player is the one usually cry about difficulty. I would bring example of certain guilds that whined and broke down on Dragon Soul heroic because "warrior and paladin tanks are bad", while other guilds I WON'T BE NAMING cleared the whole thing by the 5% nerf time with the "bad" shield tanks.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#16Lightning BoltPosted 2/20/2013 2:55:41 AM
Elaeus posted...
The problem is, the average player is the one usually cry about difficulty.

Sooooo many moans this tier from heroic players about Reset Kings and the Vizier.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#17ElaeusPosted 2/20/2013 3:03:57 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Elaeus posted...
The problem is, the average player is the one usually cry about difficulty.

Sooooo many moans this tier from heroic players about Reset Kings and the Vizier.

Because RNG = skill, and because encounter difficulty = class difficulty.

Granted RNG is the mark of PvE and plays a good part in it, but there is a difference between RNG and being literally unable to predict what you will get next (pre nerf Kings) and just getting gibbed by undefined factors (Vizier).

There is a reason why they usually fix these stuff- which they did in the case of Kings.
---