This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Outland/Pandaria leveling would be better with 2 starter zones?

#1superstud69xPosted 2/19/2013 9:12:06 PM
Do you think Outland/Pandaria leveling would be better/more tolerable if you had 2 starter zones to choose from? - Results (99 votes)
Yes, having to do Hellfire Peninsula/Jade Forest for the 8th time really makes me dread it.
45.45% (45 votes)
Yes, Outland could use another starter zone (Pandaria is fine as it is).
25.25% (25 votes)
Yes, Pandaria could use another starter zone (Outland is fine as it is).
12.12% (12 votes)
No, they are both fine the way they currently are.
17.17% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
A lot of what I see from people complaining about OL and Pandaria leveling is having to slog through the same starter zone over and over again, whereas NR and Cataclysm you have a choice of where to start. Do you think that if there was a choice of starter zones, you wouldn't dread OL/Pandaria leveling so much?

I personally don't mind HFP, but Jade Forest is sooooo long, it makes me not want to play my 85 and start a new toon instead.
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#2angrywalrus13Posted 2/19/2013 9:13:54 PM
As much as I love Jade Forest, I really, really like having two zones to choose from when I start a new set of expansion content.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#3AdeptMagePosted 2/19/2013 9:20:54 PM
i dont care, leveling is boring no matter what
---
MEMBER OF THE WOW LUMPY HILL REMOVAL CAMPAIGN
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606
#4JonnieWestPosted 2/19/2013 10:31:09 PM
There's nothing stopping you from starting in Zangarmarsh while leveling through outland.
---
That's five minutes of my life I'm never getting back...
#5angrywalrus13Posted 2/19/2013 10:42:37 PM
JonnieWest posted...
There's nothing stopping you from starting in Zangarmarsh while leveling through outland.

Unless you head there right at 58. I'm fairly sure quests in Zangarmarsh start at 60.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#6BushidoMusashiPosted 2/19/2013 10:49:19 PM
I think that instead of making entire zones they could come up with alternate questlines for each starter zone (hfp and jf) so there would be at least the illusion of variety without having to make an entire new zone for tbc and mop type xpacs with only 1 starting zone. A lot less work to come up with quests to tie into the zone lore than design a whole map with its own lore and geography.
---
GT: Purity6of6Evil6
Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum
#7MrBigJohnsonPosted 2/19/2013 11:26:31 PM
I'm usually done with jade forest right around the inkmasters/cloud serpent quests. It really seems to fly by.
Hellfire on the other hand is gank central and i'd welcome an alternate.
---
Even addiction has diminishing returns. Johnrockks#1547
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Marisette/advanced
#8angrywalrus13Posted 2/20/2013 12:03:45 AM(edited)
MrBigJohnson posted...
I'm usually done with jade forest right around the inkmasters/cloud serpent quests. It really seems to fly by.
Hellfire on the other hand is gank central and i'd welcome an alternate.

Well, with Hellfire you DO have the option of hitting 60 on Azeroth and heading straight to Zangarmarsh from there.

BushidoMusashi posted...
I think that instead of making entire zones they could come up with alternate questlines for each starter zone (hfp and jf) so there would be at least the illusion of variety without having to make an entire new zone for tbc and mop type xpacs with only 1 starting zone. A lot less work to come up with quests to tie into the zone lore than design a whole map with its own lore and geography.

Yeah, Jade Forest's biggest beef is that it's the most linear zone on Pandaria, yet it's the one we start with, so every entry to Pandaria is the same linear path.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#9webbc99Posted 2/20/2013 4:32:11 AM
Hellfire is fine imo. Quests are nice and varied and it's very quick.

Jade Forest has waaay too much "story" and quests where you're in vehicles, or controlling something else, and on top of that, it's very linear. I think once I get past the start of it, it's not too bad.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#10Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/20/2013 4:46:30 AM
I voted yes before remembering you can hit 68 in Hellfire. It's not THAT bad and all the quests are easy.