This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hunter pets

#1Dying_PheonixPosted 2/20/2013 1:53:22 PM
Other than looks does it matter what hunter pet I have?

I have a turtle and a beetle and they can be specced into any of the 3 pet trees.

Do rare pets do more damage than normal or are they all the same?

My turtle and beetle stats are pretty much identical. If I tamed a tiger would it be the same?
#2GForceDragonPosted 2/20/2013 1:56:55 PM
Just pick a pet you like. Some pets have special abilities (like spiders can spit webs to root enemies, and core hounds can use herolust on your party), but unless you're specifically looking to fill a buff slot that your raid needs, it's a matter of preference.

I could very easily be mistaken, though. It's probably best if somebody else weighs in on the matter.
---
"It's like some twisted variant on rule 34. If it exists, someone takes it way too seriously. No exceptions." - Aceron
#3angrywalrus13Posted 2/20/2013 1:57:21 PM
Damage is only dependent on the spec your pet's in, so rarity/family doesn't matter.

What does matter is the special ability each pet family has. A turtle uses Shell Shield to reduce damage taken by half, for example, and wolves can increase you and your party's critical strike chance by 5%.

Take those into account when choosing what pet would be best for whatever situation. A list of pet families and abilities can be found here (use this site for all your hunter pet needs!):

http://wow-petopia.com/talents/skills.html

Beyond that, you can pretty much choose whichever pet you find prettiest.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#4teffyPosted 2/22/2013 12:33:36 PM
Tagging
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10