This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to Solo Lady Vashj? Namely as a Shadow Priest.

#1InfestedAdamPosted 2/20/2013 1:51:30 PM
I have no problem getting to the phase after the Tainted Cores. The problem I'm having is being able to do to fast enough. On average she'll be at 60-70 stacks of the buff by the time I get all four. And I'm sure I did not missed any.

By then her melee attack hits me for about 30-40k and despite being in Heroic gear she ends up chewing through my HP faster than I expected.

I know it is soloable and I've read that some players just let all the elemental slip by. Am I suppose to be able to just take those hits? Or since I'm a clothie, should I be more active in taking out those elementals?

Comments and suggestions are appreciated,

Thank you.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#2mrhighlife83Posted 2/20/2013 2:10:17 PM
Are you trying to solo this for the personal satisfaction of having done it or are you just trying to get some transmog gear? If it's the latter, then just bring a friend or two and save yourself the trouble. Surely you can get a guildy or some random off trade chat to go with you whenever you want to go. If you are just trying to solo it, then unfortunately I have no hints for you, but best of luck.
#3InfestedAdam(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 7:49:34 PM
It's for the latter, I'm trying to get the entire tier 5 Avatar set for my priest. Got the robe, shoulder and gloves already with only the helm and pants left.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#4CapnCrunch1Posted 2/20/2013 8:33:58 PM
Unfortunately you're just going to have to get incredibly lucky with the spawns of those green elemental things, otherwise she'll get an incredibly high amount of stacks and you'll die.
#5kingdrake2Posted 2/20/2013 8:43:08 PM
at 99 stacks. likely will get blown up in a matter of seconds after the shield goes down and yes /target green elementals as they go up only have a window of time before they disappear.
---
They literally gave him the keys to the kingdom and he pissed it all away--dragonballer88
#6FolstarPosted 2/20/2013 9:29:18 PM
make a friend bro jesus

it won't kill you to talk to somebody in this game op
---
http://folstar.deviantart.com/
#7IdTheDemonPosted 2/21/2013 3:15:27 AM(edited)
It's a pain to solo. The tainteds spawn every 45 seconds and if you miss that's an extra 15 seconds or so. You have to kill the adds on too or else Vashj wrecks you when she reaches 30+ stacks.

Just spam trade and say that one helm is reserved. Don't forget to change loot to free for all to loot the elementals.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/ceejay/simple
#8JAW2688Posted 2/21/2013 3:48:22 AM
It's doable even at 99 stacks as a shaman at least.