This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

World of Warcraft Expansions Abridged

#51piplupzeroPosted 2/23/2013 9:59:13 AM
Abyssmal Fiend posted...

You done yet,

Someone missed protip 2.
Although I will mention that gamefaqs is not a courtroom and personal attacks mean nothing here.
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#52Major GamerPosted 2/23/2013 10:27:09 AM
I was going to respond seriously, but then I saw Abyssmal Fiend's responses being loaded with personal attacks so I figured it would just be a waste of time to respond seriously.
---
Can excessive stupidity be a valid reason for moderation?
http://backloggery.com/majorgamer
#53Coop14Posted 2/23/2013 10:57:19 AM
I was going to respond seriously, but then I saw Abyssmal Fiend's responses being loaded with personal attacks so I figured it would just be a waste of time to respond seriously.

This pretty much.

Honestly, most people here wouldn't say half the things to someones face because they lack the guts to do so. The way they talk to someone, they wouldn't ever approach someone in the real world like that.

Kinda why I hate technology to an extent. People have fake identities.
---
I'd like to pull those horns, smash her face into my bed. - Zardar, the one who makes me laugh over everything.
Music is apart of the soul. Cannot define this.
#54Abyssmal FiendPosted 2/23/2013 4:10:35 PM
Major Gamer posted...

I play tit-for-tat. If our aspiring troll here actually cared to engage my position on an intellectual level, I'd reciprocate. But since he's done nothing but attempt character assassination throughout this entire topic (at one point directly flaming me, as evidenced by his missing post), I fail to see why I should treat him with a modicum of respect.

As it stands, your post is either a cop out or selective reading. Since you don't have a horse in this race (yet), I'm going with the latter. In the event you actually care enough to validate where this topic began to spiral, begin with Post #14.

piplupzero posted...
Someone missed protip 2.
Although I will mention that gamefaqs is not a courtroom and personal attacks mean nothing here.

Says the kid who resorted to personal attacks right out the gate.

Your responses have progressively gotten shorter and less biting. If you're trying to troll me, buckaroo, you're going to have to try a different avenue of attack. Someone who is as willing as I am to provide you with a deluge of acerbic comments isn't going to be irritated by a snarky remark or two. Or are you just one of those bottom feeder trolls who is really only interested in how many words he gets thrown at him?
---
"Erst waegen, dann wagen." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder
#55piplupzeroPosted 2/23/2013 6:06:57 PM
Abyssmal Fiend posted...
Major Gamer posted...

I play tit-for-tat. If our aspiring troll here actually cared to engage my position on an intellectual level, I'd reciprocate. But since he's done nothing but attempt character assassination throughout this entire topic (at one point directly flaming me, as evidenced by his missing post), I fail to see why I should treat him with a modicum of respect.

As it stands, your post is either a cop out or selective reading. Since you don't have a horse in this race (yet), I'm going with the latter. In the event you actually care enough to validate where this topic began to spiral, begin with Post #14.

piplupzero posted...
Someone missed protip 2.

Says the kid who resorted to personal attacks right out the gate.

Your responses have progressively gotten shorter and less biting. If you're trying to troll me, buckaroo, you're going to have to try a different avenue of attack. Someone who is as willing as I am to provide you with a deluge of acerbic comments isn't going to be irritated by a snarky remark or two. Or are you just one of those bottom feeder trolls who is really only interested in how many words he gets thrown at him?

Well if I wanted words thrown at me then Id know who to call. Have you tried getting to the point instead of posting 50 paragraphs about how much more your opinion matters compared to everyone else?
Of course I'm not trying, I don't need to with you.
---
#56Abyssmal FiendPosted 2/23/2013 6:20:20 PM
That last sentence, under normal conditions (you know, where you're putting in an effort) would be a jab. Here it's just a statement of fact. This means that whatever biting edge you're trying to give it immediately falls flat. And I know it's a true statement, for the record, because of your claim in the first paragraph.

The clever troll walks away or changes tactics when the jig is up. But you? You don't seem to have any other cards in your deck. So try again, kiddo.
---
#57piplupzeroPosted 2/23/2013 6:41:19 PM(edited)
Abyssmal Fiend posted...
That last sentence, under normal conditions (you know, where you're putting in an effort) would be a jab. Here it's just a statement of fact. This means that whatever biting edge you're trying to give it immediately falls flat. And I know it's a true statement, for the record, because of your claim in the first paragraph.

The clever troll walks away or changes tactics when the jig is up. But you? You don't seem to have any other cards in your deck. So try again, kiddo.

Okay. Whatever you say.
---
#58Abyssmal FiendPosted 2/23/2013 7:16:44 PM
That it? I expect better, even from the least impressive troll on a board rife with phone-it-in trolls.
---
#59piplupzeroPosted 2/23/2013 7:31:09 PM
Abyssmal Fiend posted...
That it? I expect better, even from the least impressive troll on a board rife with phone-it-in trolls.

I don't need to impress you. I won the original argument 40 posts ago and that's victory enough. Keep up the personal attacks though, because its clear that's all you have left.
---
#60Abyssmal FiendPosted 2/23/2013 8:14:37 PM
Impress me? Lad, you couldn't impress me if you had the stones to climb the Burj Dubai bare-handed and, upon reaching the top, immediately started a one-man-chorus rendition of O Fortuna. Impressing me was never on the table.

You claim to have won the argument 40 posts ago. 'cept you didn't make Post #19. You made Post #16, which was such a flimsy rebuttal that some random dude called you out for it (and which I then mathematically debunked). Your next post was Post #28, at which point you whined about me and immediately resorted to personal attacks ("your special needs"). And, of course, this started a trend that, 31 posts later, you complain about. Whoops. Guess you didn't think that through.

See, kiddo, the key to a good lie is to build it around a truth. Since winning the argument was the big claim, you want to use concrete contextual information to make that bitter pill easier to swallow. When you make a factually inaccurate claim and then try to pretty it up with contextually incorrect information, you just make your lie that much easier to detect. This is all information you're going to dismiss out of hand, of course, but I do want it to be clear just how laughable your over-inflated ego looks right now.

Try again. Come on. Don't flake out on me now. You're doing your level best to convince me you're brilliant. Validate the claim.
---