This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

World of Warcraft Expansions Abridged

#61AssultTankPosted 2/23/2013 9:13:23 PM
Abyssmal Fiend posted...
Impress me? Lad, you couldn't impress me if you had the stones to climb the Burj Dubai bare-handed and, upon reaching the top, immediately started a one-man-chorus rendition of O Fortuna. Impressing me was never on the table.

You claim to have won the argument 40 posts ago. 'cept you didn't make Post #19. You made Post #16, which was such a flimsy rebuttal that some random dude called you out for it (and which I then mathematically debunked). Your next post was Post #28, at which point you whined about me and immediately resorted to personal attacks ("your special needs"). And, of course, this started a trend that, 31 posts later, you complain about. Whoops. Guess you didn't think that through.

See, kiddo, the key to a good lie is to build it around a truth. Since winning the argument was the big claim, you want to use concrete contextual information to make that bitter pill easier to swallow. When you make a factually inaccurate claim and then try to pretty it up with contextually incorrect information, you just make your lie that much easier to detect. This is all information you're going to dismiss out of hand, of course, but I do want it to be clear just how laughable your over-inflated ego looks right now.

Try again. Come on. Don't flake out on me now. You're doing your level best to convince me you're brilliant. Validate the claim.

/topic

Honestly though, I was expecting piplup to respond to my earlier post too...
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#62electricgodPosted 2/24/2013 12:53:51 AM
I played WoW at launch with my friends. It was among the most enjoyable, memorable times in videogaming we've ever had. We got to level 60, and we did MC, BWL, AQ, and Naxx, back when they were 40 man raids. We loved every minute of it.

I still play WoW to this day (off and on) but I don't complain endlessly about dailies or gear. I still have fun, but it's not the same fun it used to be. No amount of cynical comics can change that fact for me.

Same here man. WoW has never felt the same since vanilla.
#63piplupzeroPosted 2/24/2013 6:56:05 AM(edited)
AssultTank posted...
/topic

Its a little late for that now... Ill respond once this is done if the topic still hasn't hit 500 by then!
Abyssmal Fiend posted...
Impress me? Lad, you couldn't impress me if you had the stones to climb the Burj Dubai bare-handed and, upon reaching the top, immediately started a one-man-chorus rendition of O Fortuna. Impressing me was never on the table.

You claim to have won the argument 40 posts ago. 'cept you didn't make Post #19. You made Post #16, which was such a flimsy rebuttal that some random dude called you out for it (and which I then mathematically debunked). Your next post was Post #28, at which point you whined about me and immediately resorted to personal attacks ("your special needs"). And, of course, this started a trend that, 31 posts later, you complain about. Whoops. Guess you didn't think that through.

See, kiddo, the key to a good lie is to build it around a truth. Since winning the argument was the big claim, you want to use concrete contextual information to make that bitter pill easier to swallow. When you make a factually inaccurate claim and then try to pretty it up with contextually incorrect information, you just make your lie that much easier to detect. This is all information you're going to dismiss out of hand, of course, but I do want it to be clear just how laughable your over-inflated ego looks right now.

Try again. Come on. Don't flake out on me now. You're doing your level best to convince me you're brilliant. Validate the claim.

You never used any...
Never mind. Im tired of whiny people like you thinking the game should be built around them. You can put it into as many words as you want, you can use words like "kiddo" like their going out of fashion(Though Ive already posted a quote that shows it says nothing about me, and everything about you.) its the same basic whining all the time. I've disproved you time and time again yet you just switched to personal attacks (Which don't work over the internet btw) like that somehow validates your claim.
Go home poster, You're wrong.
I know! Any future posts from you and I will give you the retr0x treatment because this is going nowhere.
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#64Abyssmal FiendPosted 2/24/2013 8:21:54 AM
Lots of childish nonsense in that post. Here are the big ones.

1. Crying about personal attacks. Post #16 (your first post in reply to me) was smarmy, but I let it slide. My response to you (Post #18) remained civil and polite. When you finally got around to replying to me again (Post #28), you decided to resort to personal attacks. I responded in kind. But since you obviously didn't learn this lesson in primary school, here's a bit of life advice: don't pick fights you can't win. And if you do wind up picking those fights, don't cry about it. You're compounding your inability to pick your battles wisely with a complete lack of self-awareness.

2. Don't make outrageous claims you can't substantial. You haven't disproven me once, let alone "time and time again." You've raised counter-points and I've systematically debunked them. Rather than defending your points, you simply changed the topic. Since you obviously need it, here's some basic information about argumentation: when you stop defending your position and failed to state why, the other person (and every neutral party) will note that you have ceded the point. So when you decided to post "lol dread shards," which was then debunked by two posters and left undefended by yourself, you effectively ceded the point. Even if you did have a case (you didn't, which is why you changed the topic), you lost the point because you failed to defend your position.

3. Your last sentence is a cop out. You know, I know it, and now I've called you on it. A cop out you try to mask with righteous indignation is about as transparent a ploy as you can make. I also like how you try to pledge a forum rivalry. That's pretty ballsy; the mere notion that you're in my league is laughable on its face. You couldn't even defend your salient point. What makes you think that some passive aggressive threat is going to make me cower?

Listen up, boyo: you lost this one a long time ago. You know it too, which is why you've done your level best to change the topic and tone at every turn. You're too proud (yeah, that's pride and not ignorance, so take the backhanded compliment when you get them) to admit how far out in left field you are, but you do realize how off your kilter you really are. Take your lumps, learn from your mistakes, and try to avoid picking fights you can't win.

Class dismissed.

AssultTank posted...
/topic

Trolls don't respond to arguments that debunk their stupid claims. Which is why he both failed to respond to your post and failed to respond to my post as an elaboration of your point. He couldn't dispute your reasoning or my math, which is why he immediately resorted to personal attacks in his very next post.

And, of course, his last post included some nonsensical excuse to not address anything you've said. Because, as previously stated, he couldn't refute it.
---
"Erst waegen, dann wagen." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder
#65piplupzeroPosted 2/24/2013 9:45:33 AM
Abyssmal Fiend posted...
Lots of childish nonsense in that post. Here are the big ones.

1. Crying about personal attacks. Post #16 (your first post in reply to me) was smarmy, but I let it slide. My response to you (Post #18) remained civil and polite. When you finally got around to replying to me again (Post #28), you decided to resort to personal attacks. I responded in kind. But since you obviously didn't learn this lesson in primary school, here's a bit of life advice: don't pick fights you can't win. And if you do wind up picking those fights, don't cry about it. You're compounding your inability to pick your battles wisely with a complete lack of self-awareness.

2. Don't make outrageous claims you can't substantial. You haven't disproven me once, let alone "time and time again." You've raised counter-points and I've systematically debunked them. Rather than defending your points, you simply changed the topic. Since you obviously need it, here's some basic information about argumentation: when you stop defending your position and failed to state why, the other person (and every neutral party) will note that you have ceded the point. So when you decided to post "lol dread shards," which was then debunked by two posters and left undefended by yourself, you effectively ceded the point. Even if you did have a case (you didn't, which is why you changed the topic), you lost the point because you failed to defend your position.

3. Your last sentence is a cop out. You know, I know it, and now I've called you on it. A cop out you try to mask with righteous indignation is about as transparent a ploy as you can make. I also like how you try to pledge a forum rivalry. That's pretty ballsy; the mere notion that you're in my league is laughable on its face. You couldn't even defend your salient point. What makes you think that some passive aggressive threat is going to make me cower?

Listen up, boyo: you lost this one a long time ago. You know it too, which is why you've done your level best to change the topic and tone at every turn. You're too proud (yeah, that's pride and not ignorance, so take the backhanded compliment when you get them) to admit how far out in left field you are, but you do realize how off your kilter you really are. Take your lumps, learn from your mistakes, and try to avoid picking fights you can't win.

Class dismissed.

AssultTank posted...
/topic

Trolls don't respond to arguments that debunk their stupid claims. Which is why he both failed to respond to your post and failed to respond to my post as an elaboration of your point. He couldn't dispute your reasoning or my math, which is why he immediately resorted to personal attacks in his very next post.

And, of course, his last post included some nonsensical excuse to not address anything you've said. Because, as previously stated, he couldn't refute it.

You said there were absolutely no turn ins unlike BC (Hilariously using the one that does have turn ins as an example, smart move there), I gave you an example and you went all defensive saying it wasn't enough. Are you really so blinded by your double standards you cant see that?
Then you said progression raiders were forced to do it for max progression. I responded by saying that's the point of progression raiding, they know they need to gain every advantage. Then you went on a flurry of poorly veiled attacks.
Whatever. retr0x treatment for you. Bad pop song lyrics will be my only posts from now on.
---
#66Abyssmal FiendPosted 2/25/2013 7:23:05 AM
While your post has all sorts of derp in it, what you're actually doing is trying to reset the entire discussion. Why? Because you know that everything that came after the initial exchange (which you abandoned) was entirely to your detriment.

But you want to talk about it, so fine. The position you took exception to was:

Mists of Pandaria is very pretty. But other than that, it's just not impressive. For starters, rep progression is pretty much entirely done through dailies -- this was a system that was experimented with somewhat back in BC (the Shattered Sun being the primary culprit), but that was late in the expansion's life. BC tied other rep gains to repeatable turn-ins (primarily grinding rep with the Aldor/Scryers)

First of all, we can see that I did acknowledge there were turn-ins. This means that your accusation, namely that I said there were "absolutely no turn ins" is patently false. You then, of course, tried to shoe-horn an insult into your factually inaccurate presentation.

Second, "hur hur dread shards" does not refute this. Aldor/Scryer rep was grinded through turn-ins (and lots of quests in SMV), but by far the fastest rep grind was clearing instances. Why? Because the relevant instances dropped fel armaments and arcane tomes like nobody's business. These items, in turn, gave you a whole mess of rep. And any instance that dropped those was also dropping tokens and signets like crazy, burying you in a deluge of rep items if you simply did your daily heroic with each of the viable instances.

Third, you utterly failed to respond to my counter argument in Post #18 (which is why I repeatedly referred you back to the original discussion, which of course you failed to resume). Instead, you resorted to brazen personal attacks in Post #28. And now you're crying about them.

In short, boyo, you started an argument, lost the argument, cried about losing the argument, started insulting me because you lost the argument, repeatedly failed to resume the argument despite claiming you wanted to do so, rehashed points I already debunked, made factually inaccurate claims about my position repeatedly (which you did as recently as your last post), and now you're claiming you're not going to respond to anything in this post. Because, of course, temper tantrums are a fantastic way to show me and the rest of the board how mature and reasonable you can be. And because, of course, you absolutely must have the last word.

Your behavior has been consistent with that of a manchild. And you have an almost comically defensive response whenever I point this out. You want to be treated like an adult, with a modicum of respect? Then stop lying, stop misrepresenting people you disagree with, stop resorting to insult because you can't string two coherent thoughts together without wondering what reality TV show is on in the background, and stop pretending like you have half the knowledge base required to support your hyper-inflated ego.
---
"Erst waegen, dann wagen." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder
#67AdeptMagePosted 2/25/2013 7:28:11 AM
wow abyssal fiends is a really mad casual
---
MEMBER OF THE WOW LUMPY HILL REMOVAL CAMPAIGN
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606
#68HakPosted 2/25/2013 7:30:21 AM
AdeptMage posted...

Yeah, seems to think talking like a lawyer is going to actually bother people. I didn't mind it for a while, but had to put on the ignore since an topic he posted in read like a first year essay hand-in - lots of words, but no actual content of note.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#69AdeptMagePosted 2/25/2013 7:34:43 AM
AdeptMage posted...

Yeah, seems to think talking like a lawyer is going to actually bother people. I didn't mind it for a while, but had to put on the ignore since an topic he posted in read like a first year essay hand-in - lots of words, but no actual content of note.

basically a pseudo-intellectual virgin who prides himself on being a hardcore mmo player but can't even do a couple simple daily quests lol
---
MEMBER OF THE WOW LUMPY HILL REMOVAL CAMPAIGN
http://i.imgur.com/GWvTr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." -ShadowNinja606
#70piplupzeroPosted 2/25/2013 8:31:18 AM
Abyssmal Fiend posted...
While your post has all sorts of derp in it, what you're actually doing is trying to reset the entire discussion. Why? Because you know that everything that came after the initial exchange (which you abandoned) was entirely to your detriment.

But you want to talk about it, so fine. The position you took exception to was:

Mists of Pandaria is very pretty. But other than that, it's just not impressive. For starters, rep progression is pretty much entirely done through dailies -- this was a system that was experimented with somewhat back in BC (the Shattered Sun being the primary culprit), but that was late in the expansion's life. BC tied other rep gains to repeatable turn-ins (primarily grinding rep with the Aldor/Scryers)

First of all, we can see that I did acknowledge there were turn-ins. This means that your accusation, namely that I said there were "absolutely no turn ins" is patently false. You then, of course, tried to shoe-horn an insult into your factually inaccurate presentation.

Second, "hur hur dread shards" does not refute this. Aldor/Scryer rep was grinded through turn-ins (and lots of quests in SMV), but by far the fastest rep grind was clearing instances. Why? Because the relevant instances dropped fel armaments and arcane tomes like nobody's business. These items, in turn, gave you a whole mess of rep. And any instance that dropped those was also dropping tokens and signets like crazy, burying you in a deluge of rep items if you simply did your daily heroic with each of the viable instances.

Third, you utterly failed to respond to my counter argument in Post #18 (which is why I repeatedly referred you back to the original discussion, which of course you failed to resume). Instead, you resorted to brazen personal attacks in Post #28. And now you're crying about them.

In short, boyo, you started an argument, lost the argument, cried about losing the argument, started insulting me because you lost the argument, repeatedly failed to resume the argument despite claiming you wanted to do so, rehashed points I already debunked, made factually inaccurate claims about my position repeatedly (which you did as recently as your last post), and now you're claiming you're not going to respond to anything in this post. Because, of course, temper tantrums are a fantastic way to show me and the rest of the board how mature and reasonable you can be. And because, of course, you absolutely must have the last word.

Your behavior has been consistent with that of a manchild. And you have an almost comically defensive response whenever I point this out. You want to be treated like an adult, with a modicum of respect? Then stop lying, stop misrepresenting people you disagree with, stop resorting to insult because you can't string two coherent thoughts together without wondering what reality TV show is on in the background, and stop pretending like you have half the knowledge base required to support your hyper-inflated ego.

Because my body don't lie, Im out of my mind, let it rain over me.
Im riding so high, Outta my mind so let it rain over meeeee.
---