This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hunter leveling spec

#1Dying_PheonixPosted 2/21/2013 11:00:51 AM
Is BM outright the best spec for a leveling hunter?

I hear MM is pretty naff at the moment.

Hows survival for leveling?

Im talking 1-90
#2Glockass1Posted 2/21/2013 11:02:57 AM
I feel like Survival is the best for 1-85 because Serpent Sting = lol. 85-90 BM works best.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#3ValdiousPosted 2/21/2013 11:04:10 AM
I leveled my Hunter from 1-90 on Survival. Had no problems. Especially if you grab a turtle tank pet. Solo elites all day.

Beast Mastery was just too pet dependent for my tastes.
---
I don't care if a store broke street date or if you pirated it, it's still against the TaCoSand inconsiderate.~VerosPlague
#4pikpikcarrotmonPosted 2/21/2013 11:05:17 AM
BM is pretty much the spec and always has been. MM is useful if you have a full set of heirlooms and cause more threat than your pet can handle or are killing things before your pet can reach them. I can't imagine Survival would be worth it since it's mostly about damage over time and hopefully random mobs are dying too fast for that to be worthwhile.
---
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide.
#5angrywalrus13Posted 2/21/2013 11:17:27 AM
You won't have problems in any spec. They're all pretty effective in a quest environment.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#6AzureHauddenPosted 2/21/2013 1:14:26 PM
Glockass1 posted...
I feel like Survival is the best for 1-85 because Serpent Sting = lol. 85-90 BM works best.

Second this. Serpent sting + improved serpent sting
---
Gt : Azurehaudden .
#7Glockass1Posted 2/21/2013 1:14:51 PM
pikpikcarrotmon posted...
BM is pretty much the spec and always has been. MM is useful if you have a full set of heirlooms and cause more threat than your pet can handle or are killing things before your pet can reach them. I can't imagine Survival would be worth it since it's mostly about damage over time and hopefully random mobs are dying too fast for that to be worthwhile.

Have you even tried Improved Serpent Sting? It kills by far the fastest.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#8zodiacsoulPosted 2/21/2013 1:15:35 PM
angrywalrus13 posted...
You won't have problems in any spec. They're all pretty effective in a quest environment.

Exactly doesnt matter which spec you pick for hunter, they are all excellent leveling specs, think BM might have a slight edge cause your pet is more tanky and holds aggro better. Back int he days when i leveled hunter i used MM, they were able to one/two shot mobs
#9angrywalrus13Posted 2/21/2013 1:52:26 PM
Also, even if he's right, Glockass isn't a ~*True Hunter*~, so keep that in mind.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#10DawnshadowPosted 2/21/2013 2:00:26 PM
Although this was during Cataclysm, when I leveled my hunter as marksman I was one-shotting pretty much every quest mob with Aimed Shot. (And no few players in PvP, on top of that.) I probably could have leveled petless without a hitch if I'd wanted to.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/