This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about healing, targeting and raids.

#1SpookingPosted 2/22/2013 11:51:11 AM
How do you target all those raid members with just keys?

I recently made a healer and before I got to 90 I was wondering how you targeted that many people with just keys. Are you only suppose to heal the group you're in, or heal anybody you can? Also, any tips for a Disc Priest once one gets to 90?

Thanks.
---
Prism Ranger (Red): Isn't it obvious? We don't have any friends!
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
#2SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 2/22/2013 12:30:56 PM
Keys only without using the mouse to select a target?

Not something I see many doing in a raid.

It's very easy to get healing addons like Grid+Clique that help heal faster and more efficient, or even some simple mouseover macros in the game. Since heals require to special facing, you can easily move with keyboard to avoid bad things.
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#3OximofoPosted 2/22/2013 12:40:44 PM
I like gird and clique also. Plus many UIs have built in grid set up to neaten up your space.

Also I think Vodhu and Healbot are laggy. Might just be me.
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
#4SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 2/22/2013 1:03:55 PM
I heal as a Druid and like to keep track of the duration of my HoTs on everything, so Grid is pretty much a must for me.

Although, I have tried to heal without either addon and did fine... I just cycle targets a lot more and have all my skills in "@mouseover" macros. XD
---
#5OximofoPosted 2/22/2013 5:41:35 PM
SA_X_Mk_II posted...
I heal as a Druid and like to keep track of the duration of my HoTs on everything, so Grid is pretty much a must for me.

Although, I have tried to heal without either addon and did fine... I just cycle targets a lot more and have all my skills in "@mouseover" macros. XD

F buttons and mouse overs are clutter. Not skill. Anyone who claims they are good because they use his method are silly. It's like people that denying in RTS/Mobas make them more skill based. No it's just a chore or ignored even by most pros after the first 7 minutes of the game.

Sorry of it looks like I'm calling you out. I'm not. I'm just preempting the first person who claims they don't heal with any Addons. Thus are pro/2gud. Except I watch world first with people using grid and Vodhu.
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
#6SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 2/26/2013 6:45:00 AM
SA_X_Mk_II posted...

F buttons and mouse overs are clutter. Not skill. Anyone who claims they are good because they use his method are silly. It's like people that denying in RTS/Mobas make them more skill based. No it's just a chore or ignored even by most pros after the first 7 minutes of the game.

Sorry of it looks like I'm calling you out. I'm not. I'm just preempting the first person who claims they don't heal with any Addons. Thus are pro/2gud. Except I watch world first with people using grid and Vodhu.

Reading my previous post(s), I pretty much said that Grid was almost required for me to track my HoTs on all my targets correctly. Clique can be replaced with @mouseover easily enough, but using Clique just makes things a little more organized and less cluttered.

Could a Resto Druid heal just as well without any addon? Sure... in a 5 man.
I'd love to see a Resto Druid heal a 25 man with no addons as well as someone using addons to aid things along.
---
#7HakPosted 2/26/2013 6:49:36 AM
Oximofo posted...
I like gird and clique also. Plus many UIs have built in grid set up to neaten up your space.

Also I think Vodhu and Healbot are laggy. Might just be me.

Not sure if it's still there, since I haven't used it in years (because of this), but Healbot actually had built-in lag. There was an option which was basically "Update display every..." and it defaulted to 300ms. So it only updated every third of a second, which is quite a lot during points where there's lots of raid damage going out.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa