When the Fire Mage start getting a good DPS?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. When the Fire Mage start getting a good DPS?

User Info: Vegeta9005

Vegeta9005
3 years ago#1
I started a Mage few days ago and I'm now level 48 I want him to be a Fire Mage, but so far as a low level Fire Mage are so weak it's ridiculous.

I'm doing the right rotations for this level and I do everything right.

As a Fire Mage I get around 500-600 DPS and if I switch to my Arcane Spec I can easily get to 700-900 and even 1,100 of certain pack.

So yeah when do Fire Mage really start getting better maybe there is a certain level?
Red is a Pokemon Master.
Ash is a failure who, after 600 episodes, has not accomplished much. (At least he have Eternal Youth I guess.)

User Info: Moses_Inc

Moses_Inc
3 years ago#2
When does dps matter while leveling?
I've seen michael moses a bunch lately. He's a newblet that shows definite promise.~Kirbix
http://puu.sh/2G6G

User Info: Velociswagger

Velociswagger
3 years ago#3
Moses_Inc posted...

Kill stuff faster
Killing stuff faster=more xp per hour
more xp per hour=getting to 90 faster
saves time.
Operator rH
Best Search and Destroy player on GameFaqs.

User Info: Vegeta9005

Vegeta9005
3 years ago#4
Moses_Inc posted...

Kicking ass in dungeon to be the best, the number one in DPS. ;p

So yeah anyone can answer the question?
Red is a Pokemon Master.
Ash is a failure who, after 600 episodes, has not accomplished much. (At least he have Eternal Youth I guess.)

User Info: Moses_Inc

Moses_Inc
3 years ago#5
It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Play what you find fun, worry about dps when you hit max level (unless you find prioritizing dps fun I guess). As long as you're not dying, it's not a big deal.
I've seen michael moses a bunch lately. He's a newblet that shows definite promise.~Kirbix
http://puu.sh/2G6G

User Info: AssultTank

AssultTank
3 years ago#6
Vegeta9005 posted...
I started a Mage few days ago and I'm now level 48 I want him to be a Fire Mage, but so far as a low level Fire Mage are so weak it's ridiculous.

I'm doing the right rotations for this level and I do everything right.

As a Fire Mage I get around 500-600 DPS and if I switch to my Arcane Spec I can easily get to 700-900 and even 1,100 of certain pack.

So yeah when do Fire Mage really start getting better maybe there is a certain level?

About 30% crit.
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.

User Info: CapnCrunch1

CapnCrunch1
3 years ago#7
My mage is 66 and I kill mobs in a couple casts. You just have to wait for a fireball or scorch crit or something then cast the spell that takes place of fire blast that has a 100% chance to crit and get your pyroblast instant cast.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. When the Fire Mage start getting a good DPS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived