This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got out of what I consider to be the top 10 worst dungeons of all time.

#1Little ZardarPosted 2/22/2013 3:13:40 PM
Not getting into it, but I just have to ask:

I don't understand how people can be bad at this game. You don't even have to put much effort into it to be decent. Why even spend $100 on a game, then $15 a month, to not give a s***.
I like to consider myself very patient. Everyone makes mistakes and that's normal, but when for example you are a hunter and your pet's growl is on and it keeps dying, and you keep reviving it, and yet you still keep growl on it... what is going through the head of this player? Is he incapable of taking a hint? Is he drunk? High? I don't understand.
That is just a very light example.

and if these people are actually retarded then please forgive me for being ignorant.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#2Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/22/2013 3:18:04 PM
I had a Death Knight tank in Mogushan Palace that insisted Blood Boil was his main spell and at the end of the dungeon, he'd taken 16 million damage, only abosorbed 200K, and used over 500 Blood Boils, but only 50 Death Strikes.
#3Coop14Posted 2/22/2013 3:18:09 PM
Not getting into it, but I just have to ask:

I don't understand how people can be bad at this game. You don't even have to put much effort into it to be decent. Why even spend $100 on a game, then $15 a month, to not give a s***.
I like to consider myself very patient. Everyone makes mistakes and that's normal, but when for example you are a hunter and your pet's growl is on and it keeps dying, and you keep reviving it, and yet you still keep growl on it... what is going through the head of this player? Is he incapable of taking a hint? Is he drunk? High? I don't understand.
That is just a very light example.

and if these people are actually retarded then please forgive me for being ignorant.

Ran a lower level dungeon. I have tanked many lower level dungeons. This Warrior Human just sat around and I as a Feral Cat was pulling everything and holding aggro the entire fight.

Low level so easy to heal through but he barely was pulling and wouldnt talk. I mean literally he would pull one mob at a time.

Almost cried it was so terrible
---
I'd like to pull those horns, smash her face into my bed. - Zardar, the one who makes me laugh over everything.
#4angrywalrus13Posted 2/22/2013 3:22:57 PM
Coop14 posted...
Ran a lower level dungeon. I have tanked many lower level dungeons. This Warrior Human just sat around and I as a Feral Cat was pulling everything and holding aggro the entire fight.

Low level so easy to heal through but he barely was pulling and wouldnt talk. I mean literally he would pull one mob at a time.

Almost cried it was so terrible

That's generally where people learn to tank. I can pretty easily see why he'd be overly conservative about pulling mobs if he's not confident in the role. If anything, people should be far more forgiving at early levels. A huge, huge portion of the playerbase (probably a pretty hefty majority, but that's a guess) play low-level characters very, very casually. I'd be far more forgiving to characters sub-60 than above, say, 80.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#5Lightning BoltPosted 2/22/2013 3:39:04 PM
I had a Death Knight tank in Mogushan Palace that insisted Blood Boil was his main spell and at the end of the dungeon, he'd taken 16 million damage, only abosorbed 200K, and used over 500 Blood Boils, but only 50 Death Strikes.

To be fair, if he were just a few levels lower he would have been entirely correct. >.>
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#6TheGreatCheezePosted 2/22/2013 3:54:12 PM
I tanked a dungeon like this yesterday, well two actually. One was a warlock that kept out Voidwalker and the other was a hunter with Growl on. I considered them to be like damage staggerers, neither of them ever said anything but they kept reviving their pets. I didn't say anything either, not to the group anyway, I figured once the hunter's pet died 5 times he would put two and two together but nope.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#7Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/22/2013 3:54:52 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...

To be fair, if he were just a few levels lower he would have been entirely correct. >.>

Like 85-86ish?
#8Right_Chus_1Posted 2/22/2013 4:09:32 PM(edited)
Heroics are so easy though that the mix between a proper priority list and what you can easily get away with while still being successful kind of blur. If im tanking and i see that i can go for damage over mitigation and still be perfectly fine then at that moment in time i am correct to say that my damaging attacks are my main attacks. To think that that is true in every situation is a whole different story.
#9ElaeusPosted 2/22/2013 4:16:25 PM(edited)
Nothing pisses me off in 5 mans more than tanks that lose aggro on me.

I played today for the first time since.. Nov 20th I think and picked up my windwalker. She is fully LFR geared (lv488) and I tried 2 random heroics. It was always pretty common for me to top recount all the time on this character prior to quitting because most of the people I get in 5hcs are people that are still gearing, but seriously doing around 180k on trash pulls with a tank pulling 50k (which I assume is alright for a fresh tank on trash due to low vengeance), I am not supposed to be pulling out of them. It's another thing when it happens and they just refuse to taunt back because "you pulled it you tank it". Same tanks then proceed to lose aggro on Xin the Weaponmaster or Whatshisface the Uncasked (when I am doing around 80k to their 35k). I mean isn't it a 600% threat to AP now or am I doing something wrong?

How am I supposed to do less AoE as a windwalker monk? It's freaking 2 buttons rotation.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#10Right_Chus_1Posted 2/22/2013 4:24:54 PM(edited)
Elaeus posted...
Nothing pisses me off in 5 mans more than tanks that lose aggro on me.

I played today for the first time since.. Nov 20th I think and picked up my windwalker. She is fully LFR geared (lv488) and I tried 2 random heroics. It was always pretty common for me to top recount all the time on this character prior to quitting because most of the people I get in 5hcs are people that are still gearing, but seriously doing around 180k on trash pulls with a tank pulling 50k (which I assume is alright for a fresh tank on trash due to low vengeance), I am not supposed to be pulling out of them. It's another thing when it happens and they just refuse to taunt back because "you pulled it you tank it". Same tanks then proceed to lose aggro on Xin the Weaponmaster or Whatshisface the Uncasked (when I am doing around 80k to their 35k). I mean isn't it a 600% threat to AP now or am I doing something wrong?

How am I supposed to do less AoE as a windwalker monk? It's freaking 2 buttons rotation.

After tanking a bit myself i think its because DPS's snap aggro is much higher than tanks right now on AOE. Its not a huge deal but if a dps runs in and hits the mobs at the same time the tank does and is all like OMGCDSAOEAOEAOEAOEAOERAWRZ!!!!!!!....Yea, they will pull one or 2 of the mobs off the tank for sure. Its the tanks job to get them back though and its not that hard because a tanks bigger attacks on a single target will be more threat than your AOE. So the tank tabs to one mob, hits them with a big attack then taunts the other and he should have them all back. DPS need to learn though how to throw out a few single target attacks before going full AOE crazy though. I know seeing your name on top of recount makes you feel good about yourself but controlling your threat should make you feel even better.