This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

lower level skill rotation for DKS

#1demonardvarkPosted 2/23/2013 5:36:44 AM
Hello,
I am wondering what is the best skill rotation for a lv 64 DK. I have blood and unholy as my two specs. It just seems to be like I am always running out of runes really fast. What is a good skill rotation for me to use?
---
pokemon platinum friend code 0044-8764-1687 character name: Norman
#2ElaeusPosted 2/23/2013 5:39:28 AM
According to LB, one of our three official DKs around these parts:

spam BB

---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#3Glockass1Posted 2/23/2013 6:12:31 AM
Elaeus posted...

spam BB

Pretty much this. Go Blood and spam Blood Boil.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#4mrhighlife83Posted 2/23/2013 7:31:38 AM
Keep in mind that running out of runes and runic power is normal, especially with gear that isn't great (pretty much all of leveling). When you reach level cap and start getting better and better gear, your runes will regen faster and as a result you'll generate more runic power. If you were already gcd capped in your crappy leveling gear, then all the extra resources you generate in your top end raiding gear would be going to waste.
#5Lightning BoltPosted 2/23/2013 7:37:48 AM(edited)

spam BB

Yeah, pretty much.
Blood Boil has a ridiculously high base damage component for low levels, so even on single target it's your go to ability after applying diseases (get the Roiling Blood talent, just do it). Use Icy Touch and Plague Strike to apply diseases, it's usually worth it since most of your other abilities have a "Do 50% more damage if your diseases are up" line.

In Unholy, use Festering Strike to make your Frost Runes into Death Runes, and then you can spam Blood Boil, Scourge Strike, and Death Coil.

For Blood, use Death Strike to turn your Frost AND Unholy Runes into Death ones, and you can go on a damn Blood Boil spree. That along with Rune Strike to dump runic.

You're pretty much expected to run out of runes though. Once you hit level 75 you can get a talent to give you more runes and it smooths out a lot, but until then meh.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#6BMac89Posted 2/23/2013 7:47:37 AM
DKs wreck face at low levels,
---
I was on Intervention
#7DawnshadowPosted 2/23/2013 11:06:47 AM
Keep in mind that 'spam blood boil' only works until somewhere around level 80. By 85, it should only be used for packs of 4+ mobs, and you should be using something close to a "normal" rotation.

Also, I would suggest frost over unholy for leveling (until 80 or 85) unless you just run in blood (although if you adore unholy's flavor, it's not unworkable.) Unholy has a long ramp-up before it does its full damage, which is fine in endgame-- you actually stay in combat long enough to get things rolling. But low level DPS is much, much higher than it was when this content was new, to the point where dungeon bosses usually last around 15-30 seconds. Frost is a much more bursty, front-loaded spec, so you'll be able to do more damage in the time you have.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/