This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any easy way to level a profession from 1- max?

#1synister666Posted 2/23/2013 9:24:58 AM
I'm asking because I leveled my dk back in WotLK to 80 with no profession because I didn't want to go back and tediously farm mats from low levels to get my profession current. I abandoned the toon til now where I just got it to 85 and regret not leveling a profession.

Is there any way to easily level mining/blacksmithing without painstakingly farming low level mats or wasting all of my money buying them on the ah then crafting the stupid low level BS items over and over? Do they have a catch up system similar to what they have for cooking? Is there any way around the tedium or money waster?
---
PSN: AstralSerpent
#2ljgfPosted 2/23/2013 9:26:42 AM
Nope. It's either money or farming.
#3synister666(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 9:30:32 AM
pewp...
---
PSN: AstralSerpent
#4LostoutPosted 2/23/2013 9:49:08 AM
which profession?

Ench is really easy to level, most of the mats are very cheap and for any expensive spot you might have you can run the appropriate dungeons or pair it up with tailoring (which it is also very easy to farm cloth) and DE what you make. Took me like 2 days back in cata to max both with virtually zero cost.

leatherworking and skinning is another really easy one. Farming the skins is extremely fast/easy for example for the whole 300-375 you can run Kara skin all the mobs in the first two rooms like 3 times and you'll have enough to move onto NR stuff.

Worst ones IMO is anything that needs ore it's slow to mine thanks to CRZ and its always very expensive to buy. Herbs are a pain on my realm to as there is never anything to buy so you have to farm it all which again thanks to CRZ is a nightmare.
---
I am as awesome as a bear high fiving a shark in space during an explosion.
#5TheGreatCheezePosted 2/23/2013 9:53:01 AM
Someone on my server is selling Profession kits, I'm assuming they have everything you need to max out. I didn't catch how much they were but its worth looking into I think.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#6LatiasSAPosted 2/23/2013 10:40:56 AM
farm your profession for about 6 straight hours in the field and you'll reach max

if you have a 310% flyer and understand what each zone has for what range of skill
---
league ign - Quadraxis
Okay, I never let WoW boards down before. - Left4Shaman
#7DawnshadowPosted 2/23/2013 10:55:47 AM
You may want to hold up; if you're already 85+, I've read that Blacksmithing is going to be easily leveled with Ghost Iron next patch-- they're doing something like cooking for it (instead of, you know, buffing low level mat spawns to keep up with CRZ demand.)

Unfortunately, I can't find my source again, and there's a chance it may not make it to live. So take this with a grain of salt. But with this DK being an alt, it may be worth waiting another week or so to see.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#8GreatDrakePosted 2/23/2013 11:09:15 AM
Yeah from what I read as well there will basically be repeatable quests that require ghost iron to level blacksmithing so I would just level your mining if it's not already maxed and wait for the patch
---
Bedlam Boy's Disturbing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2puDJun9iCA&feature=related
#9piplupzeroPosted 2/23/2013 11:29:05 AM
Lostout posted...
which profession?

Ench is really easy to level, most of the mats are very cheap and for any expensive spot you might have you can run the appropriate dungeons or pair it up with tailoring (which it is also very easy to farm cloth) and DE what you make. Took me like 2 days back in cata to max both with virtually zero cost.

leatherworking and skinning is another really easy one. Farming the skins is extremely fast/easy for example for the whole 300-375 you can run Kara skin all the mobs in the first two rooms like 3 times and you'll have enough to move onto NR stuff.

Worst ones IMO is anything that needs ore it's slow to mine thanks to CRZ and its always very expensive to buy. Herbs are a pain on my realm to as there is never anything to buy so you have to farm it all which again thanks to CRZ is a nightmare.

Aren't the first few rooms in kara filled with undead and humanoids, Mobs that cant be skinned?
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#10Ultratech87Posted 2/23/2013 11:51:10 AM
piplupzero posted...

Aren't the first few rooms in kara filled with undead and humanoids, Mobs that cant be skinned?

He's talking about the Servant's Quarters area with the Animal bosses which is near the entrance.
---
"Today is the day...the day we bring the end."
wiki.rpgclassics.com - Come check out the Wiki!