This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are all the mages qqing?

#11RCR ReturnsPosted 2/23/2013 7:03:51 PM
Glockass1 posted...
RCR Returns posted...
KJC lol... Which does what against silencing shot? Not to mention that unless you sb a port you are even easier for a warrior to gap close on you. Thats why the bracket is dominated by rls/wls and not kfc and spriest teams rite?

You can hide behind pillars while channeling with KJC.

I can also get chain cced by 5 monkeys back to back and cleaved to death much easier.
---
RoughCutRedneck
#12JAW2688Posted 2/23/2013 7:11:07 PM
AssultTank posted...
Let me correct a misconception you seem to have.

It's not Frost Mages QQing.

It's Arcane Mages because they're getting an entire playstyle removed completely. Everyone who enjoys Scorchweaver Arcane, yeah, you can't play that anymore. It isn't going to exist.

Further, Arcane is getting nerfed to the ground. They're not getting hit with the nerfbat... They're getting hit with the nerfsledgehammer. Repeatedly.

And this coming after Fire got hit with it pretty much forcing any progression mage into Arcane.

Honestly, it looks like Blizz is trying to force players into playing Frost. If this is the case, I'm abandoning my Mage, I HATE Frost. I don't like the play style at all.

Aww poor baby! It's not like mages have been competing for top dps the entire expansion, have consistently been in the top every expansion, and extremely strong in pvp. However will you cope! You didn't even have time to get gold with your broken spec qq.
#13AmakusaPosted 2/23/2013 8:20:12 PM
DoomDen posted...
Like, you know, frostbolt's damage increase..

Which, you know, is getting reverted.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#14AssultTankPosted 2/23/2013 8:22:46 PM
JAW2688 posted...

Aww poor baby! It's not like mages have been competing for top dps the entire expansion, have consistently been in the top every expansion, and extremely strong in pvp. However will you cope! You didn't even have time to get gold with your broken spec qq.

Okay, whatever spec you play that you enjoy is now nerfed to being pretty much unplayable.

Lets see how you like it.
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#15JAW2688Posted 2/23/2013 8:50:24 PM
AssultTank posted...
JAW2688 posted...

Okay, whatever spec you play that you enjoy is now nerfed to being pretty much unplayable.

I main an ele shaman and do very well so, I might not be the one to ask that.
#16arik87Posted 2/23/2013 8:51:34 PM
Nerfed? Go play the PTR and see how awesome it is to go from 100% to 0 in 1 deep freeze.
---
This message brought to you by Webster's Dictionary. Fighting Ebonics since 1994.
#17AssultTankPosted 2/23/2013 9:09:50 PM(edited)
JAW2688 posted...
AssultTank posted...
JAW2688 posted...

Then I can come up with a situation for you similar to what is happening to Arcane right now...

Lava Burst has been removed from the Elemental Tree.

Enhancement now has Lava Burst.

Enhancement damage buffed 20% across the board.
Elemental damage nerfed 20% across the board. Mana costs increased 1% across the board.

Edit: Is it really sad that I could actually see some of that being actual patch notes for Shamans?
---
#18JAW2688Posted 2/23/2013 9:11:18 PM
AssultTank posted...
JAW2688 posted...
AssultTank posted...
JAW2688 posted...

Then I can come up with a situation for you similar to what is happening to Arcane right now...

Lava Burst has been removed from the Elemental Tree.

Enhancement now has Lava Burst.

Enhancement damage buffed 20% across the board.
Elemental damage nerfed 20% across the board. Mana costs increased 1% across the board.

Except that's not happening. You're getting balanced... Going from the top spec to top 5, you'll live. Keep in mind you're worrying about something you haven't even seen yet as well...
#19AssultTankPosted 2/23/2013 9:18:28 PM
JAW2688 posted...
Except that's not happening. You're getting balanced... Going from the top spec to top 5, you'll live. Keep in mind you're worrying about something you haven't even seen yet as well...

That is exactly what is happening to Arcane Mages. I personally play Fire right now and I love it.

But right now Scorch is an integral part of the Arcane rotation. Removing it from Arcane and making it Fire only is akin to removing Lava Burst from Elemental Shamans and giving it to Enhancement. It will change the playstyle of Arcane completely.

Right now if I go Arcane, I can maintain 6 stacks of Arcane Charge for the entire duration of almost any fight. This is because I can use Scorch to regen mana and proc Arcane Missiles to keep my stack up. Once Scorch is gone, it will be 100% impossible to keep the stack up meaning Arcane Mages are pretty much going to have to relearn the spec from nothing.
---
#20JAW2688Posted 2/23/2013 9:23:26 PM
AssultTank posted...
JAW2688 posted...

That is exactly what is happening to Arcane Mages. I personally play Fire right now and I love it.

But right now Scorch is an integral part of the Arcane rotation. Removing it from Arcane and making it Fire only is akin to removing Lava Burst from Elemental Shamans and giving it to Enhancement. It will change the playstyle of Arcane completely.

Right now if I go Arcane, I can maintain 6 stacks of Arcane Charge for the entire duration of almost any fight. This is because I can use Scorch to regen mana and proc Arcane Missiles to keep my stack up. Once Scorch is gone, it will be 100% impossible to keep the stack up meaning Arcane Mages are pretty much going to have to relearn the spec from nothing.

Arcane was never intended to use scorch, the end.