This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

was on the verge of quitting until i decided to shelve all of my alts for good.

#1steveoSEKPosted 2/23/2013 10:36:21 PM
for this xpac anyway. i have my dk at 90 and my shadow priest at 90. i also have an 88 warrior, 87 druid, 87 hunter, and 86 warlock.

i love them but i've just hit a wall where trying to level them all is proving mind numbing. i spent a solid week where i logged in, stared at the screen then logged out.

now i decided to just focus on my dk only. i hadn't done ANY of the dailies yet on any character., and my progression for gear was stunted. i'm fine now, doing the klaxxi dailies and cloud serpent dailies.

i hate how alt-unfriendly this xpac is in terms of feel alone. not even counting dailies.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/1t0njr.jpg http://gurn.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/eek-a-mouse.jpg http://i47.tinypic.com/2zo90xw.jpg
#2Abyssmal FiendPosted 2/23/2013 11:10:01 PM
This expansion is ruthlessly anti-alt primarily because leveling is so ridiculously linear. Your quest chain in Jade Forest is linear and, aside from deciding which of the two level 86 zones you do next, it's a linear progression from that point forward -- Kun-Lai to Townlong, Townlong to Dread Wastes.

Terrible design, really. Not sure how that passed muster when Blizzard's done the level progression thing better and better. Up until this point, at any rate.
---
"Erst waegen, dann wagen." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder
#3ATiRadeonHDPosted 2/24/2013 2:54:34 AM
Abyssmal Fiend posted...
This expansion is ruthlessly anti-alt primarily because leveling is so ridiculously linear. Your quest chain in Jade Forest is linear and, aside from deciding which of the two level 86 zones you do next, it's a linear progression from that point forward -- Kun-Lai to Townlong, Townlong to Dread Wastes.

Because everyone loved that non-linear questing of Blades Edge toobadyoudonthaveaflyingMountains and Nagrind.
---
|| i5-3570k @ 4.5GHz || nVidia GTX 660Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7
#4Nightbird_XPosted 2/24/2013 6:12:25 AM
ATiRadeonHD posted...
Abyssmal Fiend posted...

Because everyone loved that non-linear questing of Blades Edge toobadyoudonthaveaflyingMountains and Nagrind.

Pretty much everyone did, other than those that think it prudent to list their computer specs as if it's a measurement of their d*** or something.
---
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012
#5Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/24/2013 6:14:04 AM
I've never had more fun leveling one alt then doing the same quests on another alt. Idk why lol but I love it and I'm about to have seven 90s in a few days.
#6AntbregantePosted 2/24/2013 10:29:22 AM
Most of my alts have taken a back seat. I got one Horde toon and one alliance toon to 90 while the others wait for the day I decide I have nothing better to do but to level them.
---
www.thebookofpdr.com. My friends site with bizarre web comics and a strange blog about the weird thoughts going on inside his head.
#7piplupzeroPosted 2/24/2013 10:39:38 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
I've never had more fun leveling one alt then doing the same quests on another alt. Idk why lol but I love it and I'm about to have seven 90s in a few days.

Maybe its the same reason knowing spoilers actually enhances your enjoyment of a storyline?
Maybe its because the first time you will be rushing to have a 90 but the next few you take your time?
Maybe its because I'm theorizing too much and should just shut up and enjoy the game?
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#8Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/24/2013 10:49:22 AM
piplupzero posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

Maybe its the same reason knowing spoilers actually enhances your enjoyment of a storyline?
Maybe its because the first time you will be rushing to have a 90 but the next few you take your time?
Maybe its because I'm theorizing too much and should just shut up and enjoy the game?

I took my time the first time and now I'm rushing >_>
#9piplupzeroPosted 2/24/2013 11:11:16 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
piplupzero posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

I took my time the first time and now I'm rushing >_>

Oh well, Just enjoy it while its... enjoyable? Not many people can say they enjoy leveling.
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#10LatiasSAPosted 2/24/2013 11:18:42 AM
steveoSEK posted...

now i decided to just focus on my dk only. i hadn't done ANY of the dailies yet on any character.,

Dude....

Really should've tried to get it out of the way asap, man. At least to revered before starting your alts, I'd say. The sooner the grinds are finished, the better. Get your bonus loot coins, your extra 800g a day after completing all the dailies...
---
league ign - Quadraxis
Okay, I never let WoW boards down before. - Left4Shaman