This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New to World of Warcraft

#1VxINFamousVxPosted 2/25/2013 7:00:41 AM
Can you guys give me any tips on what i should know? im a Level 24 Night Elf Holy Priest thanks.
#2alpacino1983Posted 2/25/2013 7:06:59 AM
I'm jealous that it's your first time playing, wish I could get that magic feeling back. Anyway, always be nice to other players, it can pay off in the long run. Don't rush to max level, enjoy the sights and lore. Run dungeons to upgrade your gear, don't waste your gold in the AH. As a healer you'll have no problem getting into groups. Just have fun!
---
"I am a leaf on the wind, watch me soar".
#3thebladeofwoePosted 2/25/2013 7:08:00 AM
VxINFamousVx posted...
Can you guys give me any tips on what i should know? im a Level 24 Night Elf Holy Priest thanks.

Nice to meet you.

You have picked a genraly more advanced class to start with, but do not let that put you off.

My idea is to get proffessions early, for talioring and possible enchanting, to make decent gear for a cloth user and money from tge AH.

The most important thing to do right from the start, is to have fun enjoy your exsperience dude.
---
If the original KotOR and World of Warcraft had an abortion it would look something like this. mikejolik on SWTOR
#4otisanimePosted 2/25/2013 7:10:19 AM
Don't let the community get you down. It's not a very good lot of people! But try and make it better by being nice to others whenever you can.

If you start to feel you're having any problems, you might want to begin looking into addons to help your healing. You can find these at websites such as Curse.com
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#5VxINFamousVx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 7:10:22 AM
Wow so friendly! thanks i tought people on here were gonna be mean :P
#6vahndragonwingPosted 2/25/2013 7:11:07 AM
At 30 learn Dual Spec, and I would toy around with both Discipline and Shadow. While there is nothing wrong with holy, sometimes it can be needlessly convoluted for new players in comparison to Discipline healing.

Don't listen to everyone, though. Some people have been playing this game for 8 years and their sole reason for existing is to tell you the game is terrible horrible garbage that kills families. It's just being jaded. Have fun, and know that a TON of the game opens up at max level as well.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#7TheSaucePosted 2/25/2013 10:39:58 AM
Here's a tip;

Run far away, as fast as you can. This game sucks ass now, and it's only going to get progressively worse as children continue to ***** about the most trivial of things until they get removed from the game.

This game is just a shell of its former self now.

I know I'll probably get flamed for speaking the truth, but those are just fan boys in denial.
---
#8Coop14Posted 2/25/2013 10:50:27 AM
TheSauce posted...
Here's a tip;

Run far away, as fast as you can. This game sucks ass now, and it's only going to get progressively worse as children continue to ***** about the most trivial of things until they get removed from the game.

This game is just a shell of its former self now.

I know I'll probably get flamed for speaking the truth, but those are just fan boys in denial.

See this guy TC?

He is a lurker on these boards. The game is wonderful and has held up for years. At least the 7 I have been playing.

The player base is either awesome or utter jerks. I recommend switching to Discipline. It's a much more rewarding and forgiving healing spec.

Welcome by the way! Guys/Girl on the boards here are friendly people both like Vahn and Blade. If you ever need a hand can always give me a shout or personal message and would be more than glad to help out and give advice to the best of my abilities.

Cheers!
---
I'd like to pull those horns, smash her face into my bed. - Zardar, the one who makes me laugh over everything.
Music is apart of the soul. Cannot define this.
#9RPGphreakPosted 2/25/2013 11:07:24 AM
Man. I envy you like so many other people on this board. I started playing a little over 7 years ago and still remember my first night playing. I fell asleep at the keyboard XD

Anyway enough of my life story. Professions are best leveled as you level. I have to second Tailoring/Enchanting for a Nelf Priest. You don't really have to make any side trips to farm anything except for thread/dyes. Make stuff for yourself you need and disenchant the rest of the cloth armor you make so you can level your enchanting.

Save your gold. I mean this. I know you might think to yourself "oh i've got like 50 gold and this armor only costs 20," but this thought process will strip you of much needed gold by the time you hit 90. The only thing you should be spending your gold on is mats to level your professions (and even then just enough to keep it on par with where you're at), and repairing your gear.

When you have to log out, make sure to log out in an inn, or a major city. Since you're an Alliance player these would be Stormwind, Ironforge, Darnassus, The Exodar for the moment. Once you get into later parts of the game Shattrath, Darnasus, and Shrine of Seven Stars will also give you this benefit just for being in the city limits.

Learn to heal properly. Even if later on down the road you decide that you enjoy playing Shadow more than Holy or Disc (I only play DPS myself :D), there may come times that the only way you may get into raids will be to go in as a healer. Us DPS are dime-a-dozen. Also later on when you hit the level cap and start running the random dungeons there's a feature where if you queue as a specific role (Tank, Healer, DPS) you get bonus loot from doing that specific role.

Lastly while you're leveling try to do quests as much as possible and avoid said random dungeons with one exception. Each dungeon has a series of quests you can do so do a random dungeon every time it says you can queue for a new one. The game most of the time gives preference to dungeons that you haven't done yet, but if one pops that you HAVE done already get out and go back to questing until your deserter buff wears off.

#1 Have fun!
---
Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
+1, Ghostfeet likes this