This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

captured a rare Fluxfire Feline, still worth it to use one after 5.2 nerf?

#1MarzPosted 2/26/2013 8:01:49 AM
the Fluxfire Feline was one of the most widely recognized badasses in pet battles, due to a certain combo it had, which obliterated a pet's HP.

but 5.2 is putting a stop to that:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/#pet_battles

I was just wondering, with this change, would they still be worth keeping in your stable of 3? or should they be changed out for something else? in my team I had a Darkmoon Zeppelin for a mechanical, and I wanted to replace him with the rare Fluxfire Feline I found. but will the nerf make me better off to pick a different one altogether?
---
~!
#2scarecrowsPosted 2/26/2013 8:25:38 AM
Useless now. They nerfed all the good pets. It's pay to win, the store pets will be the strongest now. They also didn't nerf the spectral cat, so if you have the money/gold you could get that and still have a pre 5.2 fff.
---
"Your an imbecile" - Gallusz
#3BirgitteSilverPosted 2/26/2013 8:51:40 AM
I can't say they nerfed all the good pets.

For example a Lava Crab looks unchanged from the blog and if so can still solo Aki.

I can't argue they probably nerfed all the fast kill pets though. Lava Crab is very very slow.
#4angrywalrus13Posted 2/26/2013 9:30:59 AM
They nerfed all the good pets. It's pay to win, the store pets will be the strongest now.

so subtle
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#5Marz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 2:03:54 PM
are there any general great combos? my very basic understanding was that 1 mechanical was good, a tanky self-healer (like a crab), and a dragonkin (can't remember why.. I had the emerald whelp though).
---
~!
#6Marz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 11:38:17 AM
bump
---
~!
#7AshrahnPosted 3/4/2013 11:44:40 AM
I'm also interested. And sad that I'll probably have to shelf my 25 rare feline :( At least I can get one more Darkmoon Faire team go with him out.
#8ChocoboMog123Posted 3/4/2013 12:23:27 PM
Honestly, there's not enough people queueing to even bother with the meta, right now. Unless you're playing a tournament, you're probably best off just making a team that works well, rather than one that beats the meta.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#9ElaeusPosted 3/4/2013 3:50:20 PM
angrywalrus13 posted...
They nerfed all the good pets. It's pay to win, the store pets will be the strongest now.

so subtle

In his defense isn't that true though?
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#10angrywalrus13Posted 3/4/2013 3:56:26 PM(edited)
Elaeus posted...
angrywalrus13 posted...

so subtle

In his defense isn't that true though?

No? They don't have amazing movesets. They only "advantage" they have is being rare-quality, which, hey, so are a lot of pets you can acquire in-game, either by catching in the wild or learning from other avenues.

If you're so bogusly rich that $25 is worth less to you than a couple hundred in-game gold (to, say, buy a rare-quality pet off the AH), then I guess the Pet Store pets offer an advantage, but I think that's really trying to skew things.

edit:
czech grammer
---
Thomx
like tommicks