This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is investing in one of the Pandaren Elemental pets good for Pet Battle?

#1ElaeusPosted 2/26/2013 9:37:56 AM
They go for around 2.5k to 3k each on my server, I am thinking to get into this for the heck of it, and since I really liked those when doing the Wandering Isle I was wondering if it is worth it to invest in one or two.

Naturally a team with all elemental pets won't be good right? Which one you guys recommend I should buy (if any)?
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#2angrywalrus13Posted 2/26/2013 9:45:49 AM
None of them are particularly amazing. I wouldn't even bother unless you really want to level with one, and then I'd just say go with whichever one you like looking at the most.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#3Elaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 9:46:23 AM
Huo it is then thanks.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#4HakPosted 2/26/2013 9:46:49 AM
They're ok for leveling up other pets, but they're not amazing. They can decimate lower level pet battles, so get one, form the pet team you would like to level up, add the Elemental into it, use your low level pets for a turn so they participate, then demolish the opposition with the Elemental. Repeat until one of your own pets is of a high enough level to take on the critter battles on their own, replace the Elemental with something decent.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#5angrywalrus13Posted 2/26/2013 9:49:37 AM
Hak posted...
They're ok for leveling up other pets, but they're not amazing. They can decimate lower level pet battles, so get one, form the pet team you would like to level up, add the Elemental into it, use your low level pets for a turn so they participate, then demolish the opposition with the Elemental. Repeat until one of your own pets is of a high enough level to take on the critter battles on their own, replace the Elemental with something decent.

I don't think she's buying them at max level.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#6Elaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 9:55:00 AM
Yeah, lv1.
---
#7HakPosted 2/26/2013 9:57:16 AM
I like Lil' Teracgosa for the initial level boost, then I have a Rare quality Scorpion I use which is seriously nasty for the mid-level range. Think I then go between the Curious Oracle Hatchling and the Tranquil Mechanical Yeti depending on what I prefer at the time. Easy money to get a pet leveled to 14 or 24, then sell it on the AH to those lazy peoples that don't want to raise pet levels themselves for achievements.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#8MajinUltimaPosted 2/26/2013 10:13:11 AM
NPC tamers have a fair number of Aquatics and Critters, both are bad matchups for the Elementals (and for Undead). None of them are particularly amazing or useful. Not worth buying imo, you'll be battling the spirits plenty enough to level up other pets.

IMO, when you do the questline and get 1 for free, get the Earth Spirit. I find it to be the most difficult to fight, and it has a somewhat unique moveset at least.

Pandaren Air and Fire Spirits are the least useful, with Tiny Twister being easy enough to snag in Arathi, and Phoenix Hatchling easy enough to farm/buy.
---
Homura-chan is the coolest.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8901/homura03.jpg
#9Nightbird_XPosted 2/26/2013 11:18:55 AM
Depends. The good one like Victini is "bad" because being event-only it's banned from most competitive matches.

Tornadus and Thundurus are really good, Landorus is decent as well. That's all the elementals I can think of really ATM.
---
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012
#10ChocoboMog123Posted 2/26/2013 12:02:55 PM
If you want to level fast: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68838

I don't know about EU battlegroups, but if you find a RP PvP server with no others in the same battlegroup, you can very easily snag some rare pets by purposefully CRZ'ing onto that server.

Nightbird_X posted...
Depends. The good one like Victini is "bad" because being event-only it's banned from most competitive matches.

Tornadus and Thundurus are really good, Landorus is decent as well. That's all the elementals I can think of really ATM.

Tornadus and Thunduru are both considered Uber, Victini is UU.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif