This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you support the potential direction of having all professions be on catch-up?

#1ElaeusPosted 2/26/2013 2:19:29 PM
Title Question: - Results (131 votes)
Yes
67.94% (89 votes)
No
22.9% (30 votes)
Doesn't Matter
9.16% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As they did with Cooking and will do with Blacksmithing in 5.2, you are now only required MoP mats to level a profession from 1 - 600.

I personally like this idea, but it won't matter much to me because I have everything at the moment maxed through alts or at least up to 525 on my 85s so nonetheless easy to max. But do you think there is a negative side to this that I might be overlooking?
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#2ghettoraider81Posted 2/26/2013 2:27:25 PM
Any new player is going to have one hell of a time making any money.
---
Win, lose, or tie Oakland Raiders til I die! WHY'S THE RUM GONE!
S.M.O.K.E my anti sXe
#3Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/26/2013 2:28:22 PM
I'm glad Thorium will be retired for the most part. **** Thorium.
#4Egxamer1Posted 2/26/2013 3:09:24 PM
I have to say no and here were my reasons.

Would crash the market in several areas that survive on the need to level through certain professions. Would make alot of trouble for auctioneers and would be money makers.

What happens to all the junk that does drop off of enemies from 1-85 does this all become worthless? Phased out? I used to make some profit from bear flanks... now that becomes non existent. And that is just one tiny example.

Does this open the pandaria box of all things catch up? How much more of a demand then comes on players to farm and compete for MoP resources and watch as 3 expansions worth of areas become ghost towns even with CRZ... Just a buncha dregs wishing for a catch up 1-90 leveling ability so they can bipass 7 yrs worth of content
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#5JAW2688Posted 2/26/2013 3:11:57 PM
Egxamer1 posted...

Would crash the market in several areas that survive on the need to level through certain professions. Would make alot of trouble for auctioneers and would be money makers.

What happens to all the junk that does drop off of enemies from 1-85 does this all become worthless? Phased out? I used to make some profit from bear flanks... now that becomes non existent. And that is just one tiny example.

Does this open the pandaria box of all things catch up? How much more of a demand then comes on players to farm and compete for MoP resources and watch as 3 expansions worth of areas become ghost towns even with CRZ... Just a buncha dregs wishing for a catch up 1-90 leveling ability so they can bipass 7 yrs worth of content

This. Frankly it seems like an awful idea.
#6JiruruPosted 2/26/2013 3:41:35 PM(edited)
I don't like it, I like leveling up professions, and it makes it a lot harder to make money on new servers or for new players.

Edit: Now that I read about it more, it seems that it's more to fill gaps than to level all the way, I suppose that isn't so bad. At least, for the terrible Fel Iron levels.

---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#7MarzPosted 2/26/2013 3:40:44 PM
people are thinking that this new way of leveling is replacing the old method of leveling. it isn't. it is just a new supplemental way of leveling the prof.

I think a lot of people are looking at this in the extreme.. leveling blacksmithing from 1 - 600 with only ghost iron. do you have any idea how much ghost iron you're going to need to do that? it would probably end up being more expensive to do it that way at the start.

it's really meant to be designed to get people through those bottleneck spots in a profession. oh s***, you ran out of mithril and don't/can't farm more? do some ghost iron recipes till you hit thorium. oh, you can't farm fel iron because it's gank central? use some ghost iron in the mean time. that obsidium item requires too much obsidium for your tastes? make the ghost iron one instead.

but it's not meant to be purely 1-600 through ghost iron. I mean, you can do that, but I don't think that was the intention, nor do I think it would be the most practical.
---
~!
#8pres_madagascarPosted 2/26/2013 3:41:52 PM
Egxamer1 posted...

Hmm
---
This is the prowess of CE. Romantic masters, clearly:
http://i.imgur.com/XgMJl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/njX88.jpg
#9Elaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 3:43:19 PM
Marz posted...
but it's not meant to be purely 1-600 through ghost iron. I mean, you can do that, but I don't think that was the intention, nor do I think it would be the most practical.

Worked for cooking as opposed to what you're mentioning here though. Just saying.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#10JAW2688Posted 2/26/2013 3:44:30 PM
Marz posted...
people are thinking that this new way of leveling is replacing the old method of leveling. it isn't. it is just a new supplemental way of leveling the prof.

I think a lot of people are looking at this in the extreme.. leveling blacksmithing from 1 - 600 with only ghost iron. do you have any idea how much ghost iron you're going to need to do that? it would probably end up being more expensive to do it that way at the start.

it's really meant to be designed to get people through those bottleneck spots in a profession. oh s***, you ran out of mithril and don't/can't farm more? do some ghost iron recipes till you hit thorium. oh, you can't farm fel iron because it's gank central? use some ghost iron in the mean time. that obsidium item requires too much obsidium for your tastes? make the ghost iron one instead.

Very well but look at cooking. With the introduction of MoP, you'd be a fool to not level it through the Tillers. Slippery slope and all that. And I mean really, how easy do they want the game to get at this point.