This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you support the potential direction of having all professions be on catch-up?

#31JiruruPosted 2/26/2013 9:28:37 PM
Well, let's see how many Ghost Iron bars it would take to go from 300 to 350 and get through stupid Outland stuff...

299-329: 65x6 = 390
329-349: 90x5 = 450
349-354: 50x1

So 890 bars or 1780 ores. Ouch.
Still preferable to about 200 Outland bars though.
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#32vahndragonwingPosted 2/26/2013 9:35:31 PM
Jiruru posted...
Well, let's see how many Ghost Iron bars it would take to go from 300 to 350 and get through stupid Outland stuff...

299-329: 65x6 = 390
329-349: 90x5 = 450
349-354: 50x1

So 890 bars or 1780 ores. Ouch.
Still preferable to about 200 Outland bars though.

Yeah, I agree. It's a substantial amount of ghost iron. However, to someone who doesn't mind farming (my wife loves it, actually.. it's weird.) the outland route would be a much better deal. 1780 ghost iron ore that could be prospected or transmuted? And that's only for 50 points.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#33Elaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 12:19:33 AM
Little Zardar posted...
also i see people mentioning cooking and blacksmithing but they also did this to inscription (unless inscription has always been like that, i dont know)

I leveled inscription on my monk and was pleased to find I could trade it the MoP ink for any lesser ink

Yeah inscription has always been this way because you will still need to make WotLK and BC glyphs regardless of your level. I mean let's say you are playing MoP and rolled a paladin and found out at max level that you needed to make [Glyph of Excorsis]. This glyph might have been available to you while leveling through WotLK bracket, which by that time used a different ink than what is currently current content ink (Dream Ink).

Another thing they could have done is to just make one type of ink for all the brackets but that then will let you fall into the ghost iron issue the people are mentioning.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#34SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 2/27/2013 7:45:56 AM
I like the idea so far.

Never touched First Aid, Cooking or Fishing on my Druid. Why the hell would I? We had a dedicated cook for food, I didn't need First Aid since I had food and could heal, and Fishing only seemed to supply Cooking.

I maxed Cooking when I got back into WoW with the advancement... If only Fishing had something similar...
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#35Ruvan22Posted 2/27/2013 8:27:43 AM
I SUPPORT FOR STUPID FISHING!!!! *takes a deep breath*

Seriously - EVERY OTHER non gathering profession, you can get multiple points for some recipes, or if you have a bunch of mats, just hit "Create all" and walk away.. Even gathering, you click once and you are done.. fishing you have to sit there watching the stupid bobber, and sometimes fish still get away.. and then you ONLY GET ONE FREAKING POINT!!!!! Fishing can go diaf...
#36redundanciesPosted 2/27/2013 10:16:51 AM
Using ghost iron works NOW, but what happens when Pandaria is CRZ'd old content and every new blacksmith wants a zillion ghost iron ore to level their profession? And if this is extended to all professions, Pandaria will be farmed like crazy for mats... forever.

It's likely that they will introduce catch-up recipes in the next expansion as well, using ore from there.
#37AceronPosted 2/27/2013 10:34:25 AM
Little Zardar posted...
also i see people mentioning cooking and blacksmithing but they also did this to inscription (unless inscription has always been like that, i dont know)

I leveled inscription on my monk and was pleased to find I could trade it the MoP ink for any lesser ink

Inscription has always been like that.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL