This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Certain phrases/words that annoy the hell out of you?

#51redundanciesPosted 2/28/2013 6:25:29 AM
Glockass1 posted...
redundancies posted...
What the deuce is "GOML"?

get on my league/level

Thankfully I haven't heard that one. I'll put that on my "hope to never hear" list.
#524sakuraHa0Posted 2/28/2013 6:29:38 AM
Gogogogogogogogogogogogogo !!
Especially, RIGHT after entering a dungeon
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#53ElaeusPosted 2/28/2013 7:44:15 AM
Nothing in particular bother me but believe it or not I freak out at grammar/spelling nazis. I mean it's a game. If my GM logged and said his signature "haiii" I will reply: "hola dag". Just because I teach English doesn't mean I have to reply: "Hello, Dagthul.".

My annoyance toward this notion came from leveling my worgen warrior on an RP server and my God. Some people think that being grammar douches makes their image superior as roleplayers(and they go as far as whispering you in an RP fashion, ugh).
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#54redundanciesPosted 2/28/2013 10:31:42 AM
Elaeus posted...
Nothing in particular bother me but believe it or not I freak out at grammar/spelling nazis. I mean it's a game. If my GM logged and said his signature "haiii" I will reply: "hola dag". Just because I teach English doesn't mean I have to reply: "Hello, Dagthul.".

My annoyance toward this notion came from leveling my worgen warrior on an RP server and my God. Some people think that being grammar douches makes their image superior as roleplayers(and they go as far as whispering you in an RP fashion, ugh).

I had a guy in an old guild that went nuts over the dumbest things. Apparently we weren't supposed to say "pat", because every time someone did, he'd say "paTROL", all indignant. I mean I'm all for using proper grammar and not making yourself look like an idiot, but come on, "pat" is an acceptable abbreviation in the gaming world. It's like getting mad over someone saying "brb".
#55Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 2/28/2013 12:05:58 PM
Congratulations over trivial achievements.
Things that are actually difficult, and hitting level 90, are the only times that gratz feels like anything but condescending.

I know there are addons that just automatically do that, but for god's sake how pitiful do you have to be to try to automate social interaction in an MMO because you can't be arsed to do it yourself?

I hate that addon so much. I did run it for a while, but only to give me a heads up on things since my chat boxes didn't always show achieves or folks logging in. However, I generally would hand type things if I cared enough to.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#56AssultTankPosted 2/28/2013 12:15:48 PM
Your over their using alot of bad grammer with you're to friend's. Its annoying.

That demonstrates a lot of my hated phrases/words...
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.