This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I may start playing soon..Any tips/suggestions?

#1xxtearg0dxxPosted 2/27/2013 9:59:48 PM
Long term RuneScaper here slowly growing bored and tired of RuneScape. I feel the item mall and Squeal of Fortune is killing the game. Reason I dislike them is because it wasn't originally part of the game since the beginning.

I downloaded the game a while back and played a bit while it downloaded in the background. I don't have any expansions though I plan on buying them down the road.

My one concern is I can run the game smoothly on fair settings with no lag does this mean I will be safe on that setting to run smooth for future expansions?
#2Evil IggyPosted 2/27/2013 10:02:33 PM
The biggest drain on your graphics resources is other players running around. If you can handle the major cities than nothing the expansions throw at you will be of any concern.

Just find a friendly guild that raids and doesn't mind helping new players to level up and you'll be fine.
---
If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
-Founding Father, James Madison
#3TheStaircasePosted 2/27/2013 10:09:57 PM
If you don't like new things you're not going to like this game.
#4c0sa n0straPosted 2/28/2013 2:26:47 AM
TheStaircase posted...
If you don't like new things you're not going to like this game.

This, you'll just turn into one of those people on WoW "we didn't have that stuff in MoP man, we raided uphill through the snow, both ways"
#5Lightning BoltPosted 2/28/2013 2:42:02 AM
Evil Iggy posted...
The biggest drain on your graphics resources is other players running around

And shadows.
Shadows are terribly optimized in this game, turn them as far down as you can. They add nothing and drain quite a bit of performance.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#6Ruppe21Posted 2/28/2013 7:48:27 AM
xxtearg0dxx posted...
Long term RuneScaper here slowly growing bored and tired of RuneScape. I feel the item mall and Squeal of Fortune is killing the game. Reason I dislike them is because it wasn't originally part of the game since the beginning.

I downloaded the game a while back and played a bit while it downloaded in the background. I don't have any expansions though I plan on buying them down the road.

My one concern is I can run the game smoothly on fair settings with no lag does this mean I will be safe on that setting to run smooth for future expansions?

This game would probably run on your toaster.
#7Moses_IncPosted 2/28/2013 8:24:48 AM
Few years late teargod, everyone who's anyone played and quit WoW by now.
---
I've seen michael moses a bunch lately. He's a newblet that shows definite promise.~Kirbix
http://puu.sh/2G6G
#8Ruppe21Posted 2/28/2013 8:42:47 AM
Who cares about those people anyway^
#9Moody_DroidPosted 2/28/2013 10:58:49 AM
Moses_Inc posted...

---
You can't spam on host with the DMR~Fhos
BO2 is the best COD game in terms of weapon balance~Silver17
#10majin_shinsaPosted 2/28/2013 6:06:25 PM
Moody_Droid posted...
Moses_Inc posted...

---
Murder and Mayhem await!
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.