This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mystery Feature: Would you enjoy randomised dungeons?

#1SulticunePosted 3/2/2013 3:34:07 AM
I would really enjoy this. Lots

There is a lot of potential, we could have all kinds of dungeons. There are loads of different types of 'tilesets' (apologies if that's the wrong word), we have Vykrul, Nerubian, Tempest, Arrakoa, Cavern, Nexus, Blackfathom, etc. Imagine the potential for random, multiple-floor dungeons. I love randomised content, that's one of the main reasons I enjoyed D2 so much.

And, speaking of D2, think of the huge variation of boss mechanics we have, the bosses could have 2-4 random mechanics. Imagine facing a WoW equivalent MSLE extra fast aura enchanted. I think this would be great fun!

Your thoughts?
---
Chaos in Order brings Order to Chaos. Honour the Balance
The cloud boss cares not for your 277 rings. - mntwins0001
#2Hypertext_EyePosted 3/2/2013 5:07:17 AM
This might be fun. However it would take too much dev time away from other things. Randomized dungeons in a 2-D game (like Diablo 2) are very complex. I can only imagine that adding a third dimension would increase the complexity by a very large margin.

This would also cause frustration on the part of many players. For many people, dungeons are considered a "necessary evil," and they want dungeon runs to go by as quickly as possible. If dungeons were randomized, dungeon layouts could not be memorized and analyzed for the best or quickest route through the dungeon. In fact, people did try to do this in Diablo 2, and Blizzard's response was to make certain dungeons larger and harder to navigate.

Assuming this was actually feasible, and they randomized bosses the way you suggest, how would they handle boss loot?
#3ElaeusPosted 3/2/2013 5:09:01 AM(edited)
I swear I played something like this before and it was fun.

EDIT: Remembered Just as I posted; it was a dungeon in Lufia II that I remember how to get to but I forgot its name.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#4XtraTPosted 3/2/2013 5:11:07 AM
ancient cave
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#5ElaeusPosted 3/2/2013 5:11:37 AM
XtraT posted...
ancient cave

YES!
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#6JiruruPosted 3/2/2013 5:12:27 AM
The Ancient Cave was made from nightmares and trauma.
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#7webbc99Posted 3/2/2013 5:19:09 AM
Yep. If it got progressively harder, that would be beastly. I would probably do nothing but that.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#8scarecrowsPosted 3/2/2013 5:19:40 AM
No, I wouldn't. I don't like dungeons at all, I liked it a lot better back in cata when I could cap from raiding. I'd be happy if they took heroics out, and LFR. Baddies who can't put two brain cells together to do a raid shouldn't be given one. Not to mention the people who play on easy mode are the biggest whiners. They're crying right now on the forums because they have to wait a couple weeks for the new LFR.
---
"Your an imbecile" - Gallusz
#9DrudaxPosted 3/2/2013 7:09:18 AM
Hell, I would just like a Bloody Palace feature from Devil May Cry 3 to come to WoW.
---
"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
#10halomonkey1_3_5Posted 3/2/2013 7:19:52 AM
scarecrows posted...
No, I wouldn't. I don't like dungeons at all, I liked it a lot better back in cata when I could cap from raiding. I'd be happy if they took heroics out, and LFR. Baddies who can't put two brain cells together to do a raid shouldn't be given one. Not to mention the people who play on easy mode are the biggest whiners. They're crying right now on the forums because they have to wait a couple weeks for the new LFR.

http://i.imgur.com/m0HBx9A.jpg
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest