This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mystery Feature: Would you enjoy randomised dungeons?

#11larkinsterPosted 3/2/2013 6:52:36 AM
scarecrows posted...
No, I wouldn't. I don't like dungeons at all, I liked it a lot better back in cata when I could cap from raiding. I'd be happy if they took heroics out, and LFR. Baddies who can't put two brain cells together to do a raid shouldn't be given one. Not to mention the people who play on easy mode are the biggest whiners. They're crying right now on the forums because they have to wait a couple weeks for the new LFR.

The scary thing is; I can't tell if he's trolling or srs.
---
I like me some artistic integrity.
#12scarecrowsPosted 3/2/2013 7:09:45 AM
Serious. It's true, they whine the most. You don't see countless threads of normal and heroic raiders whining about loot. Right now there are a few threads where they are whining about heroic mode getting an extra boss. That they pay $15 a month, the same price as heroic raiders and they're getting jipped on content.

They're ******* tourists, they don't deserve the loot they constantly whine about. They're crying right now about not getting new content when 5.2 is released. That they have to wait a couple weeks. I remember reading a thread where they were whining that normal and heroic raiders shouldn't get better loot. That just because they are too lazy to do the content on a harder difficulty doesn't mean they shouldn't have access to the same rewards.

Greater effort = greater rewards. LFR is WoW's welfare. People too braindead/lazy to work towards something but want the rewards anyways. At any given time there are many threads about the fail bags, the fail bags are being given to who deserve them.
---
"Your an imbecile" - Gallusz
#13gavinsky79Posted 3/2/2013 7:12:10 AM
This would be great fun IMO and it could add/increase game life to WoW and would improve the fun/challenge factor for a lot of people

I could see this incorporating some or all of the below

*Randomly generating the layout of the dungeon each time
*Creating and positioning a random selection of pre-set mobs/bosses
*Or creating random positioned mobs with a random selection ability table, a bit similar to say Diablo 3 rares etc
#14TheAncientMonkPosted 3/2/2013 7:46:28 AM
I think this would be pretty cool. But it is just another thing that we're never going to see because there are good reasons that Blizzard won't do it.
#15AsthalothPosted 3/2/2013 8:04:36 AM
scarecrows posted...
Serious. It's true, they whine the most. You don't see countless threads of normal and heroic raiders whining about loot. Right now there are a few threads where they are whining about heroic mode getting an extra boss. That they pay $15 a month, the same price as heroic raiders and they're getting jipped on content.

They're ******* tourists, they don't deserve the loot they constantly whine about. They're crying right now about not getting new content when 5.2 is released. That they have to wait a couple weeks. I remember reading a thread where they were whining that normal and heroic raiders shouldn't get better loot. That just because they are too lazy to do the content on a harder difficulty doesn't mean they shouldn't have access to the same rewards.

Greater effort = greater rewards. LFR is WoW's welfare. People too braindead/lazy to work towards something but want the rewards anyways. At any given time there are many threads about the fail bags, the fail bags are being given to who deserve them.

I think you should go lie down for a while.
And probably get a new hobby if people annoy you that much.
#16Sulticune(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 8:51:15 AM
Well-thought out, constructive replies, for the most part.

GameFAQs, I am impressed.

I so hope that this'll be the unannounced feature.

Or pet battles on smartphones, that'd be epic!
---
Chaos in Order brings Order to Chaos. Honour the Balance
The cloud boss cares not for your 277 rings. - mntwins0001
#17ChocoboMog123Posted 3/2/2013 9:06:52 AM
This is a great idea for Diablo. But, I really don't think it'd work well in WoW. I can imagine a random dungeon that I would love, but progressively increasing in difficulty just means that people will b**** and moan when they can't clear floor 100, or that it takes too long. Balance issues may come into play as well. And after the first few clears or so, you'd become very accustomed to the "randomly" generated dungeon settings and mobs.

I think I'd rather have ALL the dungeons be available for random queues. The technology to scale down gear is there, it just needs to be implemented.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#18metroidfreakv4Posted 3/2/2013 9:56:01 AM
I wouldn't like this either. Doesn't appeal to me at all tbh. Id like a new type of mini game or something to play. Random dungeons sounds like the cave of ordeals or whatever in TP. And those type of things just bore me to death. And what happens is a lot of people will end up qqing about it I mean lets face it.

"Ah man vykrul levels. I always get them it's so annoyin random my ass"
"Lawl you can't even get past level 502$49283 lmao bad"
"Yes let's give us the hardest floor plan when I'm with you bads"
"Why would I wanna go into a random dungeon when I don't even like normal ones"

Lets face it, the community will also butcher this idea
---
WotLK ending cinematic: Arthas:Father.....is this over?....
Father:no my son....the raid resets next week.. Who noticed I fixed the Typos? only took 4 years :)