This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To upgrade from a Starter Edition

#1manjiPosted 3/2/2013 5:17:55 AM
i have to buy the game. then i have to buy all the expansions (of course it's not totally necessary but i would want the full and complete game up until this point), then i have to buy at the very least a 30 day subscription fee.

does this seems like an overly expensive investment to anyone else?

it would be one thing if i could just start paying a subscription fee and continue my game, but it's making me think twice since i have to buy all of this stuff. why is world of warcraft still so expensive in 2013. the game has been out forever and blizzard has already made more money from this game than any other game in history. oh well, i guess it's not for me. good game though.
#2vahndragonwingPosted 3/2/2013 5:28:56 AM(edited)
You just missed another sale where the game and the first 2 expansions were 5 bucks.

You get 30 days free.

Why would they charge LESS money the more stuff they add? That'd be like Six Flags reducing their ticket price each time they got a new attraction. Come on now.

Even if you DID buy everything upfront, you'd be paying 80 bucks. That's a little more than a current gen console game new, and has a lot more content. That's IF you bought the other 2 expansions upfront for 60 bucks which wouldn't affect anything but the ability to make a monk until level 80. Meaning you could do everything but make a monk character, and you could level to level 80. For 20 bucks.

Just saying. If that's really too much money, I'm sorry.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#3RWashington2005Posted 3/2/2013 5:29:18 AM
Why would they charge LESS money the more stuff they add?

This is because only the last expansion matters.

It is really a chore to run the old content.
#4vahndragonwingPosted 3/2/2013 5:57:25 AM
RWashington2005 posted...
Why would they charge LESS money the more stuff they add?

This is because only the last expansion matters.

It is really a chore to run the old content.

If only they had reduced the price of the older games somehow

Or added them to a bundle or something

Or offered the first 20 levels completely free so you can see if you enjoy the game before you buy it

And if only there were some website (openraid.us) where people were constantly running all of the old content

But this isn't candyland
---
#5manji(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 6:40:12 AM
it's not that i can't afford it, but i look at it from a cost to benefit analysis. i said it was a good game, but not like, omg game is amazing best game ever i'll pay anything to keep playing!

so the cost of entry isn't worth it to me. i have a ton of other games to play and i'm quite happy. like i said if i could just pay the subscription fee and keep my game going, i'd do that, but it's not an option, so i'm on to something else. no hard feelings.
#6Cvd1Posted 3/2/2013 7:37:51 AM
So stop playing already, you can always play the starter edition to 20
---
I have a high art: I hurt with cruelty those who wound me.
#7manji(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 7:54:47 AM
Cvd1 posted...
So stop playing already, you can always play the starter edition to 20

i made it to 16 and yea i'm done. made a few classes, stuck with goblin warrior and found out you couldn't get helmets until after 20 levels or so. for a "demo" though the starter edition lets you check out a lot of things and you do get plenty of play time, i will give it that.
#8vahndragonwingPosted 3/2/2013 8:55:14 AM
It's a game a lot of people wind up playing for multiple years. It costs 20 bucks to get started. All I'm saying.
---
#9zero_x300Posted 3/2/2013 11:27:49 PM
You missed a huge sale where the game and its expansions were reduced to an extremely low price.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaKAomQTLbc